50 years ago (pt 2 to remember )

"Ok yes, so it was 50 years ago...." Aziraphale continued

We had just averted Armageddon and we had gone back to your flat. On the bus ride there I remember you falling asleep on my arm and I think that was the first time we had prolonged physical contact...

Then when we got there I shook your shoulder and you woke up with a start and immediately started falling over yourself to apologise, I said "Not to worry my dear, we are both tired and need rest. You can go to bed when we get in."

You just blushed again.

When we got off the bus you grabbed my hand, seemingly as a reflex and then, after a few minutes, I could see you realise what you had done and I squeezed your hand. By the time we got to your flat we were both red. I only let go of your hand so you could unlock the door but then, as soon as we were inside you walked off into your bedroom to get changed.
You called out "Angel? Are you sleeping tonight?"

"Um yes probably, but I'll take the sofa if it's easier"

"No chance! You're my guest you are not sleeping on the sofa in this weather, you'll freeze!"

"Well so will you! Anyway I'll be fine, I'm not cold-blooded like you!"

"Fine! If we can't agree I'll just miracle up another bed!"

"No please don't, how big is your bed anyway?"

"King size.. why?"

"Well... only if you're ok with it that is we could maybe... share?"

"I-uh-you, sure."

That night, we spent every second we could together so when we actually went to bed you used the fact it was below freezing that night to your advantage. You rolled over until you were right next to me then slowly lifted your arms and placed them around me.
"Are you quite comfortable there Crowley?" I asked and you replied with a quiet little
"Obviously, I'm with you."
Then immediately rolled over with your face in your hands and chanted a string of apologies.

"My dear I assure you it's perfectly fine, better even. I really like spending time with you so please stop pulling away and apologising so fast."

"That's fucking ironic considering what you said in 1967!"

"I- 196...oh... I'm sorry my dear but you must know that I didn't truly mean that. I am fully aware I shouldn't have said it but, as narcissistic as it sounds, it hurt me too." At this you started to protest but I quickly put a finger to your lips,"my dear please let me explain, I knew we couldn't risk anyone seeing anything back then and I was sure I felt someone there with us so I took precautions.... But I promise you that was my fear talking not me."

"So you didn't mean it when you told me 'you go too fast for me Crowley'? Not at all?"

"No of course not darling! I love you and I want to prove it to you."

"Ngk...m'kay"

Then I kissed you.

"Huh...I always thought I would be the first to kiss you..." Crowley stated

"Really dear? That's your only comment?" The angel chided

"Well I want to know what happened don't I?" The demon snapped back.

"Ok ok, where was I...? Oh yes..."

That kiss was, luckily, the first of many as we spent the next few years in an extremely domestic routine. We would spend practically all our time together and went out on a date almost every day and it was bliss.