Eyes

1 "challenge"- 1 fixed POV- gods/ 3rd person POV

When you have known someone for a long time you will inevitably be able to understand them much better than anyone else. For example if you know someone for 60 years then you barely even need to talk to them anymore and you can perfectly read their expressions. You will have many inside jokes and shared experiences so much so that when you do talk you know if they mean what they say or what they really mean. But even with all of these other ways to read one another one of the best silent conversationalists are the eyes , the window to the soul. So take a minute if you will to imagine just how well you would know someone if instead of 60 years we were talking 6000....

"Crowley, wait!" Aziraphale exclaimed, his eyes shining with unshed tears.

"Come back, please. Work with me, in heaven. We can be together, as angels, doing good, I.. I need you!"

Crowley kept his back turned to Aziraphale for a second before turning around again and looking at him without saying anything.

Aziraphale felt like he could cry.

"Please, Crowley. I want us to be together. I don't think you understand what I'm offering"

"Oh, I understand. I think I understand a whole lot more than you do" Crowley kept his eyes glued on Aziraphale.

"Well then... There's nothing more to say" Aziraphale's small flicker of hope immediately vanished.

Without warning, Crowley grabbed Aziraphale by the shirt collar and smashed their lips together.
Aziraphale's eyes widened as Crowley continued to kiss him.

When they eventually pulled away, he gasped softly ,partly in shock and partly to catch his breath. His hand trembling, he gently placed his fingers against his lips, staring at Crowley in shock, more tears developing in his eyes.

"I... I forgive you"

Crowley turned his back to Aziraphale, "Don't bother" before walking out the door, he paused and pointed toward the window.

"You hear that?"

They waited in tense silence before Aziraphale shook his head and snapped "I don't hear anything!"

"That's my point, no nightingales"

With those words still ringing in the air Crowley walked out of the bookshop, slamming the old wooden doors behind him.

the tears that had been building in Aziraphale's eyes for what felt like an eternity began to trickle down his face like streams.

He felt as if he had been nailed to the carpet in his bookshop, watching as his only reason for existence walked across the street toward his Bentley.

Finally regaining control of his traitorous body , he ran out the door of the bookshop.

"Crowley!" he yelled, causing the demon to pause but not turn around.
He stepped closer and placed a shaky hand against Crowley's shoulder, praying that he'd turn to face him.

"Please, Crowley. Don't leave"
he begged softly.

Crowley finally turned to face
Aziraphale, his eyes widened behind his dark glasses when he noticed Aziraphale was crying, his shoulders shaking with each soft sob that escaped his lips.

"You said yourself angel, nothing lasts forever" he said softly, gently removing Aziraphales hand from his shoulder.

But his eyes said something that sounded far more like a desperate "Angel....you chose heaven over me, I love but I can't keep ripping my heart out for you to turn it away with disgust" and his angel companion could understand all of this even through the dark glasses.