Remember (pt 1)

"Angel..? You there?"

There was a somewhat ominous pause before a cheery sounding angel replied "Oh my dear! You're awake, how amazing!"

"Angel...where am I?" Crowley asked cautiously.

"Um, you're in bed?"

"Yes well I gathered that but where?"

"At home?"

"You have a house! Where?"

"Umm...In the countryside"

"Yes I understand that," he said pointing out the window to the trees."but where exactly are we?"

"Oh you know! Near Berkeley castle? In the woods?"

"Ok...and why is it am I here?"

"Ah..well...that's a long story" he replied slowly, seemingly unsure if his answer.

"Well we're not exactly in a rush are we?"

"Well no..... but.. shall we have some breakfast first." Aziraphale answered suspiciously

"Hmn...ok."

Just before the angel left the room he said "don't move darling, I'll be right back!"

"What? Why can't I come?" The demon shouted to his back.

Now safe to say Crowley was no ordinary demon but he was still a demon and let's just say that patience was not his forte.

In total he lay there for 1 minute and 47 seconds, his own personal record, before he leapt out of bed with the intention of following his angel...and promptly collapsed onto the floor in agony.

His back felt like it had just gone through a meat grinder which he didn't quite understand considering how he had been laying on his back in bed but then a second wave of pain crashed over his body he lost the capacity for thought.

He just about managed to shape his guttural scream into something vaguely like "Angel!"

Luckily his angel had good hearing and impeccable understanding of his snakey companion and immediately sprinted up the stairs to find Crowley writhing on the floor.

"Crowley! What happened!!"

Now if the demon could form coherent sentences now it would sound something like "I don't fucking know do I! I just got out of bed then my back imploded or some shit!!" But instead he 'said' "ahgunt! Fuck!"

"What's wrong! Where does it hurt?"

"Back!"

Aziraphale quickly realised that it was probably his wings so he miracled him onto the bed on his front and then pressed a kiss to his forehead head and said "dream pet f whatever you like best...my love"

"...mm.. luv?" Was the last thing Crowley said before he fell into a deep sleep.

As aziraphale walked out of the room he whispered "oh my darling...I'm so sorry..."

The angel walked down stairs towards the kitchen where he had left his mobile phone (a recent investment spurred on mainly by Crowleys clinginess) to make a call.

It took him a total of around 12 minutes to find where he had written down the witches number and another 3 to actually put it into the phone.

Ring ring ring

"Aziraphale?"

"Hello anathema dear! Thank you again for talking to me."

"That's perfectly fine mr fell! It must be hard to have human friends, especially ones you feel you can talk to about sensitive matters such as this, when you have lived through the entirety of our history."