Dinner date

"Hey angel, I'm nearly done packing so I'll pick you up in 10 minutes. Please try to be ready?" Said Crowley as soon as Aziraphale picked up the phone.

"Ok my dear. See you soon." The angel replied sweetly.

Said angel then started running around his bookshop, panicking because although they where meant to have started packing 4 hours ago he had gotten rather caught up in a book and may or may not have only packed 14 books. Out of 637.

So he ran upstairs to get ready and as soon as he had got his jacket on he heard the familiar ding of his shops bell "Be there in just a second my dear!"
He shouted as he hurried down the stairs.

"Take your time angel, we've still got a while."

A few minutes later, when the angel finally came down stairs, Crowley practically dragged him out of the shop into the Bentley. As he held open the passenger door for Aziraphale he asked "Angel, why are you so worried about this? We've done it a million times before."

"You know why!" He replied, exasperated

"I really don't!" The demon shot back just as annoyed.

"Well that's a shame!" Aziraphale almost shouted.

"It really is because I only wanted to help you!" Crowley actually did shout.

"Oh.... I'm sorry dear...."

"No angel it's fine." He lied.

"It's not but I'll drop it-"

"Thank you angel"

"-for now."

"Ah"

Safe to say they drove in silence for the rest of their trip.

When they arrived at the Ritz (after what felt like the longest 10 minutes in the universe) they walked in and were immediately seated at their usual table with their usual waiter. In fact the only unusual thing was the mood, both of them felt terrible for the way they had acted in the car but neither of them wanted to bring it up.

So they didn't. 10 minutes into the meal before Crowley practically begged Aziraphale to talk. "Look angel I know I messed up but please stop giving me the cold shoulder."

"I wasn't trying to ignore you dear, but you weren't talking either." Aziraphale replied coldly.

"I'm sorry...did you read anything good lately?"

"Really Crowley? That's low. But yes, obviously" the angel stated then continued to talk about one of the many books he had read just that afternoon.

"Obviously" Crowley teased under his breath, perfectly happy to sit back and let his angels voice wash over him. Crowley knew that with some well-timed nods or hmms of agreement on his part, Aziraphale could talk about his books for hours but today he decided to actually talk about what happened in the car. This however was very difficult for the demon so he first asked "Um, how you feeling 'bout ....y'know"

Now Aziraphale was very shocked by this as the angel was just as used to Crowleys placid agreement as he was so he tried very hard not to sound surprised when he replied "Ah you know, stressed as one would expect"

"So that's why you flipped in the car?"

"Yes my dear, I need you to know that I truly am sorry about how I reacted...I guess I'm used to pushing you away. But I promise I am trying to unlearn it, but it's taking so long.... But the way I acted was unnecessary and not because I'm unhappy about this! Honestly this is the most excited I've been for..well forever. So please believe me when I say nothing could possibly make me happier!"

"Ngk"

"Yes quite, do you intend to finish your food"

"Take it angel"

Aziraphale then smiled to himself, dragged the plate over to him and then said "Right, where was I?" And looked expectantly at Crowley. The demon rolled his eyes and said "Your favourite authors?"

"Oh? Which one had I got to?"

At this point Crowley knew full well that Aziraphale was messing with him but that God-blessed angel was still feigning innocence so he asked "Are you just asking to see if I was paying attention?"

Aziraphale replied "No! Of course not! How dare you accuse me of such a thing" but the sincerity was somewhat undermined by a smug grin.

"Oscar Wilde angel, you fan-girling and reminiscing over that one time you hooked up."

One offended gasp and long scolding later Crowley asked "Finished your food angel?"

"Hrmph, yes."

"Ready to go then?"

"Yes"

"Right, let's go then" Crowley said as he jumped up, threw a hefty tip on the table and sauntered off.

The angel, with significantly shorter legs, had to practically run to catch up with his demon so when he did he latched onto his arm and didn't let go until they got to the car.

"Where we going angel?"

"Bookshop?"

"On it, did you finish packing?"

"Ah, well about that..."

"You managed to put away about 15 books then got distracted?"

"Well I wouldn't put it quite like that but yes."

"I've finished so I'll sleep over and help you with it in the morning?"

"My darling, we've been married for 10 years. You don't need to ask permission to sleep over, we're moving in together for goodness sake! But yes some help would be much appreciated."

"M'kay angel."

~End~

I hope you all enjoyed that, I nearly didn't finish it on time though so I think I'll try updating every other week as this one felt quite short. Any way hope you have a great day today/tonight/tomorrow and if it's late GET SOME SLEEP and drink some water  it's important and keeps you well so pls be safe and healthy. Byee xx 🐙🐙