Chapter 1

7:00 am

That was when Hinata was supposed to wake up and head to his favorite cafe for coffee. Unfortunately, the alarm didn't agree with him and chose not to wake him up.

Hinata was still peacefully snoring in his bed, unaware of the time left he has to go to school. He was lucky to have a sister to save him from his deep slumber. The door slams open, successfully waking Hinata up in the process.

"Brother! What are you doing?! It's 8 am!" Natsu's loud voice wakes Hinata up even more, making the boy more aware of his surroundings. He tries to blink his tiredness and glance at the clock, squinting his eyes to get a better look.

8:05 it read. Shit.

Hinata immediately scrambles off the bed, tripping on his blanket, and runs past Natsu at lightning speed. He lets out curses as he tries to ready up as fast as he can, completely forgetting that Natsu could hear him as he rushes everything.

"Natsu, have you eaten?! Should I cook eggs and toast?!" Hinata asks in a panic, looking around the kitchen as his hands work on his shirt. "Calm down, I don't have school today. But you do so hurry up!" Natsu pushes her brother towards the door, helping him grab his bag and shoes in the process.

Hinata puts on his shoes and puts on his bag, rushing out of the house with one last bye to his sister before sprinting down the road. Hinata glances at his watch, seeing as he has a bit of time left. He lets out a string of curses as he takes a sharp turn down the road.

Due to his rush, he had not realized the person in front of him in time. His face was a few inches away from the person's back when he realizes he was about to crash into them.

Hinata panics and tries to get out of the person's way, but his shoulder caught their arm, knocking off what was in their hands. "I'm sorry! I-" Hinata freezes when he realizes who he had just run into.

Kageyama was looking back at him with wide eyes, his hand that was holding the now spilled coffee was frozen in place as he takes time to process everything. Hinata glances down at his shirt, seeing the white shirt he was wearing underneath his uniform was stained with coffee.

Hinata panics at the sight and starts rambling off. "Shit! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize you were there and I accidentally spilled your coffee I'm so sorry! I should've been aware of my surroundings and shouldn't be running that fast! I was about to be late so-" "Hey, are you done?"

Hinata flinches at the cold tone, looking nervously at Kageyama who was glaring at him. The dark-haired male clicks his tongue and his hands travel down to his pockets, searching for something. Kageyama curses under his breath when he realized he did not bring his cloth with him.

Hinata was quick to understand what he was looking for and immediately handed Kageyama his handkerchief. Kageyama's eyes travel back and forth at Hinata and his handkerchief, hesitantly accepting the offer with furrowed eyebrows.

Kageyama clicks his tongue as he tries to wipe the stain off his shirt, grumpily scolding Hinata. "You should watch where you're going next time." He mutters bitterly as he was unable to remove the coffee stain, permanently etched on his shirt much to his dismay.

It only makes Hinata feel worse as he rambles again. "I'm so sorry! I really am! Let me make it up to you!" Hinata clasps his hands together and bows to Kageyama, his eyes squeezed shut. Kageyama looks at him startled before his face contorts into confusion. "Make it up to me? How exactly?" Kageyama asks, raising an eyebrow at the ginger head.

Hinata opens his eyes back up, pausing for a moment before he puts his finger to his chin. Kageyama just blinks at him as he watches Hinata think. Geez, you say that and you don't even know what to do? You're lucky I'm not a creep... Kageyama thinks, scratching his head stressfully at the clueless man standing before him.

Hinata suddenly snaps his fingers, startling Kageyama in the process. Hinata's eyes were wide and sparkling like his idea was amazing. "I'll buy you coffee!" Hinata exclaims proudly, giving Kageyama a close-eyed grin.

"Hah?!" Kageyama was flabbergasted at his suggestion, looking at him like he was crazy. Hinata's smile falters when he sees Kageyama's perplexed look. He tilts his head to the side in confusion. "Huh? Is that bad? I thought it was a good idea..." Hinata mumbles to himself, his hand wandering back to his chin.

Though his eyes had subconsciously glanced at his watch and Hinata yelped as he just remembered why he got into this mess in the first place.

"I got to go! You should go too or else we'll be late!" Hinata rambles in a panic before running off. He looks over his shoulder to wave at Kageyama. "See you at school! I promise to treat you to some coffee later!" Hinata sends him another grin before turning his head back, sprinting down the road.

Kageyama just watches as Hinata's figure went further and further away with his mouth agape. A puzzled look was written all over his face, questioning how and why did this happen.

As if he had just processed Hinata's words, he snaps out of his trance and checks his phone, seeing the amount of time left until he gets to school.

Kageyama hisses out a curse and quickly picks up the empty coffee cup on the ground and throws it in a nearby trash can. Wasting no time, he sprints down the road, trying to catch up to Hinata who looked like an orange dot in the distance.

What a great way to start the day...