Chapter 2

The school bell rings as soon as it hit 3 pm. As everyone else was leaving the class, Hinata stayed behind to pack his things. "Where did I put it?" He mutters quietly to himself as he searches the pockets of his bag.

Yachi stops by the door of his class, her hand leaning on the door frame. "Hinata! Come on, Coach Ukai wants everyone at the gym immediately!" She calls out to him and Hinata only waves her off without looking. "You go ahead! Tell coach I won't be able to practice today!"

Yachi gives him a surprised look, stepping inside the classroom. "You're skipping practice? That doesn't sound right..." She mutters half-jokingly as she continues to watch Hinata rummage around his bag and desk in a hurry. "What are you looking for?" Yachi approaches him and sets down her bag on one of the desks in hopes to help him.

"My wallet, I can't find it!" Hinata groans stressfully as he ducks down his desk to check if it was on the ground. "Heh?! How could you lose your wallet?" Yachi just looked as panicked as Hinata was and tries to help him look for his missing wallet. "I don't know! I must've dropped it when I was rushing in or I left it at home!" Hinata scratches his head in frustration before searching his bag again for the umpteenth time.

Yachi stays quiet and looks around the other students' desks to check. As she was checking the first row, her eye spots a black object on the ground beside the teacher's desk. She immediately stands up and picks up the object, inspecting it.

Hinata was growing frustrated as he pulls his books out of his bag, still not finding his wallet anywhere. "Hinata, is this yours?" Hinata snaps his head up and looks at Yachi, seeing the black leather wallet she was holding.

"YACHIIII!! THANK YOUU!!!" Hinata exclaims and quite literally jumps at Yachi, tackling her into a hug as he grabs the wallet out of her hands. Yachi cringes slightly before chuckling, patting his back. "You're welcome. Now get off, you stink." She playfully pushes him away and Hinata childishly sticks his tongue out at her.

"I'm not covering for you so you better tell coach yourself why you're skipping practice." Yachi grabs her bag and leaves the classroom with Hinata stumbling behind her. "Come on! I have to meet someone right now!" Hinata whines and Yachi chokes on her own spit.

"Wait, WHAT?!" Yachi looks at Hinata with a baffled expression. She stomps towards him and aggressively grabs him by the shoulder. "You have a girlfriend?! Since when?!" She asks, the teasing grin on her face matching the amused glint in her eyes.

"I don't have a girlfriend! It's a guy!" Hinata says defensively and Yachi just raises an eyebrow at him. "Then a boyfriend!" "No!"

Hinata sighs heavily, his ears slightly pink from embarrassment. He gently grabs Yachi's wrists and pulls them away from his shoulders. "I bumped into him earlier when I was in a rush and accidentally spilled his coffee. I promised him that I'd buy him coffee today." Hinata tries to explain as clearly as he can but Yachi was still wearing the same teasing expression, making Hinata more embarrassed.

"I swear it's not like that!!!" Yachi just laughs at her friend's outburst, clearly enjoying him being embarrassed about his situation. "Yeah, whatever. Just good luck explaining that to Coach Ukai." Yachi laughs and continues walking off with Hinata slumping beside him.

"Why did you feel the need to do that?" "It's funny." "It's not!" "We have different humor."

~~~~~

Kageyama heads outside the school building, on his way to the cafeteria to buy himself coffee despite Hinata's promise to him. He didn't really believe Hinata when he said he was going to buy him coffee, and judging by the way he wasn't here, Kageyama was right with his thoughts.