Chapter 12

Kageyama was wide awake, despite his eyelids being heavy. He was wide awake as he lays down on his bed with a deep frown on his face. He glares at the wall he was facing as he recalls the recent argument he had with his sister.

His sister had found out he had been sneaking out and practically scolded him for it. Kageyama couldn't help but be stubborn as he argues back at her. Now, he was laying on his bed, pouting like a child as his sister was keeping an eye on him as she decides to work at home.

He knew his sister isn't allowing him to hang out with his friends anymore after their argument, but that doesn't stop him from sneaking out despite what his sister said.

And he plans on doing so when he receives a message from Hinata.

-----

Heyy!!

I don't know if you're fine with it now...

But do you wanna play volleyball with us??

Just with Stingyshima, Yamaguchi, and our
seniors back then!!

There's a vb court open in my neighborhood

If you don't want to it's fine!

-----

Kageyama's hand twitches at the mention of volleyball. He purses his lips in thought, the interest of accepting the invite was tempting. Though he knows it's bad for him to engage in physical activity, he thinks it's worth it to try again just for a day.

He's been itching to play volleyball again, even if it's for the last time.

He inhales deeply as his fingers began typing a response.

Let me be petty, just this once...

-----

I'll be there.

~~~~~

The metallic doors to the court opened as Hinata and his friends went in, excited grins on their faces. A guard was behind them, holding the keys to the gym. "Remember, you only have until 4 pm to use this place."

Everyone nods in obedience and the guard nods back, returning back to his post nearby. Hinata turns to his friends with enthusiasm. "I get to play volleyball again! I seriously couldn't handle this whole academic break thing without playing!"

Yamaguchi chuckles at his friend's enthusiasm. "Me too." He glances at the door in curiosity before his eyes dart back to Hinata. "Hey, when is Kageyama coming? We only have two hours here."

Hinata simply shrugs with no worries. "He's on his way. I'm pretty he already knows the way to the gym, this neighborhood is pretty small."

As if on cue, the metallic doors open once again as Kageyama steps in. Hinata's eyes sparkle in delight and he runs to him with open arms. "Tobiooo!!!"

Kageyama freezes in his spot when he sees Hinata running towards him and tackling him into a hug. The dark-haired man grunts at the impact and stumbles backward. Despite his weak legs, he manages to regain balance, awkwardly placing his arm on Hinata's shoulders.

His body was stiff as a board, shoulders tensed up as Hinata hugs him like it was normal. He gently places his hand on top of Hinata's head and pushes him off. He looks at him with furrowed eyebrows despite his cheeks flushing pink. "What the hell are you doing?"

Hinata grins sheepishly as he realizes what he has done. "Sorry! It's what I do when I don't see someone for days. By the way, why were you gone for a while?" He asks in curiosity.

Kageyama's eyes narrow as he turns his head away, shyly mumbling his reason. "I was grounded..."

It was silent in the large court, everyone standing awkwardly with wide eyes before they burst out laughing. "What?! Who gets grounded in high school?" Yamaguchi wheezes as he and Hinata laugh until their stomachs hurt.