Chapter 3

The smell of coffee hits Kageyama's nose, the aroma making his stomach grumble.

He takes a look around, taking note of the interior. The walls were dark brown with a brick pattern, a huge chalkboard stuck on the wall along with bookshelves beside it, a long booth was placed below them with separate tables for 4 people, the lights had little vines around it, and the floor was marble with flower petals painted in.

Kageyama must admit, it was beautiful and very appealing. He could see why Hinata would choose this cafe.

"So, what do you want to order, King?" Hinata said mindlessly, unaware of Kageyama's body going rigid beside him.

"Don't call me that." The cold tone startles Hinata he looks at him in surprise, seeing Kageyama glaring at him. Hinata starts to panic. "Sorry if I offended you! I didn't know that had a meaning!" Hinata rambles on, bowing a million times at Kageyama.

Kageyama blushes in embarrassment, looking around to see people looking at them weirdly. "Quit it with that!" He hisses, grabbing Hinata's head and pulling it up. "Just don't call me that ever again." Kageyama uses a stern tone that made the ginger head nod immediately. Kageyama sighs and lets go of Hinata's head, looking back at the menu.

Kageyama eyes the menu with a skeptical look. He had never seen his drinks ever in his life, let alone the extraordinary names. What the hell is Double Deluxe Blueberry Sunrise Shake?

He looks at Hinata who was looking back at him like a puppy. Kageyama cringes and looks back at the menu. "What do you recommend?"

Hinata grins excitedly as if he was waiting for him to say that. He points at the menu, pulling Kageyama close so he can see where he was pointing.

"Their Caramel Macchiato tastes amazing! It's my friend's favorite! Oh! This is my favorite! White Chocolate Espresso! It's amazing!! You should try it! Oh, and their Vanilla Latte too!"

Kageyama purses his lips in a thin line, not finding any of the drinks Hinata pointed out interesting. He scans the menu one more time, letting Hinata ramble on. His eyes stop at a drink, catching his attention.

"Is Dark Chocolate Espresso good?" Kageyama asks and points at the drink on the menu. Hinata follows his finger and hums. "I don't know, you can try. You want that one?" Kageyama looks at him and nods excitedly. Hinata tries to contain his laughter and nods, pulling his wallet out.

"Alright then, you can go find us a seat then while I order." Kageyama looks at him confused, eyebrows furrowed. "Find a seat? Why not just order my drink then we can go home? You still have that volleyball training-" "Yeah but you play volleyball too right? I wanna know more about you!"

Kageyama looks surprised, staring at the smiling man beside him. He inwardly groans, wanting to just go home and lay in bed. His muscles were aching and he wants nothing more than to sleep.

He glances back at Hinata who was silently pleading to stay with him and talk. Kageyama lets out a heavy sigh, his shoulders slumping. If my sister scolds me, it's your fault.

Kageyama drags his feet on the floor, walking towards an empty seat next to the window at the very corner of the cafe. He lets out a sigh as he sits down on the chair, feeling his legs finally relax.

He places his bag down on the ground, pulling his phone out to shoot his sister a text.

-----

I'll be home late.

I'm just getting coffee right now.

Excuse me? What do you mean
by "home late"??