Chapter 14

Hinata stares at the white counter in front of him as he waits for his order, his mind repeating the words Kageyama said to him a few days ago.

"I'm not fine...and it hurts."

Those words haunt Hinata every day as his mind wanders back there. Although he was still a bit clueless about what Kageyama meant, he knew now that Kageyama was suffering from something. That thought worries Hinata more than ever and he wonders if he could do something to help him.

What's worse was after the day they played, Kageyama declines every invite whenever they were going to hang out. He also texts way less than before, only being online every 7 hours. Everyone noticed the change of course and are wary of what could have happened to their friend. But they couldn't reach out to him sadly because he had told them to not visit him at his house even if they were worried.

"Mr. Hinata Shoyo?" The waiter calls out startling Hinata from his thoughts. "Ah, yes! That's me." He rushes to grab his wallet as the waiter gives him the paper bag full of drinks.

He hands the waiter the money, not forgetting to thank them before heading out. He sees Yachi stand up from the bench outside, smiling at the sight of her coffee. She grabs her coffee from the paper bag and she immediately notices the extra drink between theirs.

"Do you think he'll go to school after what happened?" Yachi mentions as she drinks from her cup. She hears Hinata hum beside her as he takes out his own coffee and began walking with her. "I don't know...but maybe he's alright now? Maybe he's surprising us!"

Yachi looks at him baffled. "Hah? Kageyama planning a surprise? That sounds wrong."

Hinata pouts at her words, lips jutted out as he sips from his coffee. "But what if he wants to be nice and surprise us??" Yachi scoffs lightly, playfully shaking her head at the thought. "That's hard to believe."

"Anyway, I'm sure he won't skip school. I mean it's probably just a fever, right?"

~~~~~

Hinata enters his classroom after waving goodbye to Yachi, his coffee is finished and thrown in the trash as he holds Kageyama's coffee.

But he immediately notices Kageyama's empty seat, no sight of his bag anywhere. Hinata furrows his eyebrows as he walks to the table, setting the coffee down. Maybe he's running a little late?

As he places the coffee on Kageyama's desk, he pulls out his phone to text the said man.

-----

Hey!! Your coffee's here!

Where are you??

Delivered

-----

He eyes the sent symbol beside his text, waiting for Kageyama to see his message. He sighs when 1 minute passed and nothing happened. He eyes the coffee worriedly before he goes to sit on his chair.

He plops his elbow on his desk, his chin resting on his palm as he stares blankly at the untouched coffee on Kageyama's desk, probably feeling a bit cold now. Anxiety grows in his chest and he shifts in discomfort at the feeling. He has a bad feeling about this whole situation but he tries to convince himself to stay positive despite his heart trying to tell him something.

Minutes passed and the classroom was full, the teacher just arrived as she walks through the door. Hinata's eyebrows twitch slightly, still not seeing Kageyama on his seat, his favorite coffee gone cold on his desk.

Hinata takes a peek at his phone, seeing his message still left on delivered. His eyebrows furrow as he puts his phone away, trying to push his worries away and focus on his class.