Chapter 7

There was a bit of tension in the air as they made their way to Hinata's house. Yachi and Yamaguchi came up with different topics to talk about with ease and Hinata just butts in from time to time. Kageyama, however, finds himself glaring at Tsukishima who was glaring back at him.

They looked at each other like they were arguing silently.

How is Hinata friends with this damn beanpole? Kageyama continues to eye Tsukishima as he thinks. He does not like him at all.

"We're here!" Kageyama hears Hinata exclaim and he breaks eye contact with the tall blonde as he gazes at the simple house in front of him.

The others didn't hesitate to get inside with excited grins on their faces as Kageyama stays behind with uncertainty. Hinata glances at him in concern before giving him a soft reassuring smile.

He takes Kageyama's wrist with a gentle grip and leads him toward his house. Kageyama follows with hesitant steps as they inch closer to the inside Hinata's house. Kageyama steps foot inside and a warm atmosphere fills the air as Hinata leads him to the living room where the others were making themselves comfortable.

"Natsu! I'm home!" Hinata calls out as he lets go of Kageyama's arm, the touch lingering as he goes further into the house.

A little girl walks down the stairs, her doe eyes shining in curiosity before an excited grin makes its way up her face. Kageyama figured this was Hinata's sister from their similarities.

"Big sister Yachi!!" Natsu squeals in excitement as she goes running towards the blonde woman with open arms. Yachi laughs as she accepts the little girl's embrace.

Natsu peeks her head out of Yachi's shoulder, her eyes meeting Kageyama's who was standing awkwardly behind Hinata. She pulls away from Yachi and points at Kageyama in confusion.

"Who's he?" She asks. Kageyama looks at Hinata panicked, unsure if he was going to speak or if Hinata will speak for him. Hinata raises an eyebrow at him before he shakes his head, giving him an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

Kageyama faces Natsu with a serious face. "My name is Kageyama Tobio." He speaks with a bit of confidence before he bows. "Nice to meet you."

Silence looms over the house as Kageyama stayed in his position. After a moment of silence, a snicker was heard from Tsukishima.

"You greet her like she's your boss." Tsukishima snickers behind his hand and Kageyama's head shoots up, giving him a glare. "Hah?! I'm just being polite!" He explains while the tall blonde only continues to quietly laugh in his palm.

"He's a funny guy," Yamaguchi says to Hinata with a chuckle. The words catch Kageyama's ears and he begins to blush in embarrassment. But he freezes when he hears Hinata laugh along with his friends.

Kageyama glances at him, seeing the bright grin on his face as he laughs. Kageyama feels himself step out of his comfort zone and softly laughs at himself. His laugh was quiet but sincere. No one could hear it over the loud laughs from the people around him.

So this is what having friends feels like.

~~~~~

Everyone sat in the middle of Hinata's room, seated around a small coffee table right beside his bed. Concentrated looks were displayed on their faces as they write down and study their notes.

Out of everyone, Hinata and Kageyama had troubled looks on their faces as they stare at the pile of books with nothing going through their brain.

Yamaguchi sees the looks on their faces and laughs. "Looks like Hinata's not alone anymore."