Chapter 21

It was the day Kageyama's surgery was held and unfortunately, Hinata couldn't be there to support him.

It had just occurred to Hinata that it was also his sister's awarding ceremony and he has to be there for her as her guardian. Therefore, Hinata was unable to come to the hospital. Hinata already told Kageyama about the event and wished him good luck.

Although Kageyama already assured him it was alright, Hinata still couldn't help but feel guilty. He had promised he would be there after all.

He stares at the message he sent with worry, being left on seen and Kageyama going offline. He doesn't know what time his surgery happens and he doesn't want it to happen during Natsu's ceremony so he could be there for him if he has time.

It makes him anxious that he doesn't know if the surgery would be successful or not. All he could do was hope and pray that it will succeed and Kageyama would be healthy again.

"Big brother! Let's go!" Natsu calls out to him and he scrambles up from his bed and hurries to the living room where his sister was waiting for him. "I'm here. Come on, we might miss the bus!" Hinata gently nudges his sister outside and locks the door.

He puts the keys in his pocket and gives his sister a grin, ruffling her curly hair. "My sister's all grown up!"

Natsu whines at her messed hair, giving her brother a glare. "It's just an awarding ceremony, not a graduation! And I just fixed my hair!" She pouts as Hinata just laughs at her banter.

"Right, right, sorry! I'm just so proud!" Hinata fakes a tear and Natsu jabs his side with a giggle. "You're an idiot." "So this is how it feels like to see your kid graduating." "I'm not graduating!"

-----

Good luck with your surgery Tobio!

You got this! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

-----

Kageyama stares at the text message with a frown, not finding himself in the mood to reply anymore. He doesn't want to be disappointed, it was Natsu's important day today so it was understandable Hinata couldn't be here with him.

But he promised.

He winces at his thought, mentally scolding himself for being selfish. He tries to understand and force his disappointment down, trying to act like he's at ease without Hinata being there. He was trying to calm himself down all alone.

The door opens, the small creak startling Kageyama. He turns his head to the door and he sees Miwa come in with a doctor and a couple of surgeons behind them. "It's time, Mr. Kageyama."

Kageyama gulps in nervousness, his body tense. He wants to back down from the idea, the thought of not surviving the surgery scares him, but not being able to see Hinata and his friends again scares him more.

Miwa eyes her brother worriedly, placing her soft hand on top of his in concern. "Tobio, it's alright. You'll be okay."

Her words didn't work on Kageyama, having doubts as he thinks of the worst case scenarios after his surgery being unsuccessful. The doctor sighs, pushing his glasses up properly. "I know you're scared but your small bowel is too damaged and can cause internal bleeding. We have no choice but to take surgery."

Kageyama purses his lips in hesitance, finding himself having no choice but to take the risk. He hesitantly nods his head, his fists clenched tightly as his nervous habit. The doctor nods at the confirmation and the surgeons hurried into the room, transferring Kageyama to the operating table as they begin pushing him out of his room and to the surgery suite.