Chapter 17

Kageyama watches as the window fogs up from the blizzard. Soft thuds were heard as the snow hits the glass, covering the window frame. He sighs sadly as he tucks himself further into the bed.

He figured Hinata wouldn't be able to visit due to the blizzard. Though he understands, he was looking forward to talking to him. With nothing else he could do to pass the time, he decides to sleep, covering his upper body as he lays his head on the pillow.

It was getting boring in the hospital for Kageyama. There wasn't much he could do. He was only allowed to stand up to use the bathroom or to stretch his legs for a minute. There was a TV in front of him which he could use to watch movies or shows but that was it.

He could only be envious of his friends as they still get to hang out with each other outside.

Kageyama frowns as he tries to sleep, but so many thoughts were going through his head that it was getting frustrating. Just as he was about to throw a tantrum, he hears the door opening. He figured it was his sister until he heard a familiar voice call out very loudly.

"Tobio!! We're here!"

Kageyama turns his body in surprise, looking at the ginger head who barged into the room with plastic bags in his bag. Turns out he wasn't alone. Behind him were his friends, looking at him with grins and smiles.

"Hey, how've you been?" Yamaguchi was the first to ask as he places the box of pizza down on the table beside Kageyama's bed. "I've been good..." Kageyama can't help but reply awkwardly as he watches everyone get comfortable in the room.

"How did you guys get here? There's a blizzard right now..." He mumbles in confusion and Yachi chuckles at him. "We figured you'd like some company right now. Besides, we haven't hung out for days! We were missing you!" She exclaims with enthusiasm and Kageyama finds himself getting bashful at her words.

"And this goofball here..." Tsukishima speaks up as he points at Hinata. "Won't stop annoying us into coming to see you."

Hinata pouts at him, his eyes narrowing at his tall friend. "Hey! You wanted to see him too! You were the first to get worried when you found out there was a blizzard coming!"

Kageyama's eyes widen in surprise as the others laugh at Tsukishima's red face. The tall blonde clicks his tongue in false annoyance, turning his head away from everyone so no one could pay attention to him. Kageyama lets out an amused chuckle as he was surprised the Tsukishima Kei was worried about him.

The smile was gone after a second and was replaced with a worried look as Kageyama looks at his friends. "How are you guys gonna get home?" All he got as a response were cheeky grins. "We're planning to spend the night! The blizzard's gonna last for a day anyway!" Hinata explains proudly.

The look of surprise was back on Kageyama's face and his friends just laugh at his reaction. "Come on, you didn't think we'd leave you alone, did you?" Yamaguchi muses and Kageyama was dumbfounded at his words.

Hinata giggles and grabs a chair, placing it beside the bed as he turns on the TV. "Well, what do you guys want to watch?" He asks as he opens a movie browser. Yachi didn't give anyone time to think as she excitedly suggested a movie. "Oh! Can we watch The Fault in Our Stars?"

Tsukishima scrunches his face up beside her, the choice of a movie not really enjoyable to him. "Romance? Really?" Yachi glares at him with her lips slightly jutted out, lightly smacking his arm. "Hey! You guys always suggested movies and I never got to! Let's watch this one pleaseeee?"

Tsukishima grimaces, eye twitching before he sighs and groans as he reluctantly agrees. Yachi cheers and Hinata was already putting on the movie after their banter.

Yamaguchi takes the food out of the plastic bags Hinata was carrying earlier and hands Kageyama a bento. "Eat up. Hinata said it's your favorite." Kageyama thanks him as he takes the bento out of Yamaguchi's hands.

Kageyama eyes the bento in his hands. It was filled with rolled-up eggs, a couple of vegetables, and pork curry, the one he briefly mentioned to Hinata that was his favorite food. He smiles at the thought that Hinata remembered even though he mentioned that so long ago.

He looks up from his bento, watching as everyone was getting their own food, some friendly banter here and there. Even though he was the one in the hospital bed, he can't help but admit he was glad that he gets to have fun again.

~~~~~

"This is so corny..." Tsukishima breaks through the silence around the room as they were all focused on the movie. Yachi gives him a glare and smacks his shoulder before returning her eyes to the TV.

Kageyama finds himself intrigued in the movie, his eyes focused as the words spoken by Tsukishima were ignored. He wasn't really a fan of romance, but this movie fully catches his attention. It's like he really understood what the characters were going through.

However, he took an interest in one particular part of the movie.

"We're much too young to deal with these problems but they keep thrusting themselves on us, until, finally, we're forced to think up a solution." Kageyama tenses at hearing those words. As if by instinct, he feels Hinata's hand wrap around his and gives him a light squeeze. Kageyama turns his head and meets Hinata's softened eyes, silently asking him if he was okay. Kageyama gives a nod as a reply before he focuses back on the movie.

"At such moments, I can't think about the misery but about the beauty that still remains. Try to recapture the happiness within yourself." As the words hit hard to Kageyama his mind starts to picture Hinata.

He finds himself slowly looking back at Hinata who kept his eyes on the TV screen. It was as if Kageyama's first time seeing Hinata's facial features close up. The unnoticeable freckles on his nose, his honey-brown doe eyes, and the way his lips were slightly parted in concentration. It took Kageyama this long to realize that it was an appealing sight to see.

"Think of all the beauty in everything around you and be happy."

Hinata's attention wavers from the screen as he feels his hand getting intertwined with another. His eyes land on his hands holding Kageyama's with their fingers in between their knuckles with a gentle grip. He looks up at nearly felt the air in his lungs get knocked out by the sight.

Kageyama's softened gaze stares back at Hinata, his cheekbones had a little shade of red that went all the way up to his ears, and a shy smile displayed on his lips.

Hinata's lips part slightly as he takes in the sight in front of him. The movie playing was now a muffled background sound as they continue to gaze at each other's eyes. Hinata was quick to get shy after a couple of seconds, breaking their eye contact bashfully as the shade of red on his ears was shown to Kageyama's eyes.

His heart was hammering in his chest it almost worried Hinata. His hand clutches the fabric located on his chest, trying to calm himself down as he feels his face getting warm.

What just happened...?