Chapter 18

"Sorry Natsu, I won't be home again tonight. I left some money on the table so you can order some food if you want!" Hinata says with his tone guilty. He hears his sister laugh lightly on the other side of the line. "It's fine, big brother. You don't mind my friend staying over for the night right?"

"Sure! As long as you're not going to trash the house."

"We won't! I'm not 6 anymore!"

Hinata smiles at the thought, nostalgia hitting him like a wave. "Right, right. Just don't wake the neighbors up at night, alright?"

"Alright fine. See you tomorrow."

"Bye Natsu!"

He hangs up as he chuckles at their conversation. He proceeds inside the hospital where he would do his daily visit to Kageyama.

He has been visiting the man for 11 days now, making it his daily routine after school. Sometimes he would spend the night in the hospital to keep Kageyama company. That resulted in him neglecting his home too much. Luckily, his sister didn't mind as the situation was understandable for her.

Hinata makes his way down the hallway with two cups of coffee in his hand as he hums a song. He stops however when he spots two people chatting in front of Kageyama's room. He nearly chokes as he realizes it was his former opponents when he was in his first year.

One of the tall men notices Hinata and gives him a cheerful wave. "Yahoo! Long time no see, small fry!"

A grin forms on his face as he jogs closer to the two men in front of him. "Oikawa~san! Iwaizumi~san! It's great to see you guys again!"

Oikawa chuckles as he ruffles Hinata's hair in a friendly manner. "Aww, you missed us that much?" Hinata just laughs at his comment, playing along with his playful personality. "How's your team going?" Iwaizumi asks with a small smile as he crosses his arms questioningly. "It's still amazing as ever! Amazing enough to beat Seijoh again and again!" Hinata replies with a bit of mischief.

Oikawa snorts, playfully nudging Hinata's shoulder. "Ha! As if I'd believe that!"

The smile on Hinata's face falters as he looks at the duo with a confused look. "But why are you guys here?"

Oikawa huffs and points his thumb through the window on the door. "Well, my juniors over there dragged me into meeting this douchebag and I dragged Iwa-" "Quit the bullshit, Trashykawa. You're the one who suggested visiting him!" Iwaizumi cuts his best friend off abruptly as the brunette pouts at him.

"And I here I thought you're smart enough to play along..." "HAH?!"

As the two bicker, Hinata peeks through the small window, seeing his opponents from Seijoh, Kindaichi and Kunimi, talking to Kageyama. The saddened look on their faces worries Hinata as they continue to talk to their old teammate.

"Hey, small fry." Hinata's eyes leave the sight of the room as he turns to Oikawa. "Why are you here, though? Do you know Tobio?" The setter asks with the same curiosity on his best friend's face.

Hinata rubs his neck sheepishly, laughing awkwardly. "We're friends, actually."

Shocked looks form on the duo's faces as if the word "friend" itself was shocking to them. "Hah? You managed to befriend that jerk?" Oikawa mumbles and earns himself a jab on his side.

"Well, it was tough at first...but he's fun to talk to! His grumpy attitude didn't stop me from trying to befriend him over and over. In the end, he can never resist my friendly charms! Though it took him so long to open up, I'm glad he trusted me."

Oikawa and Iwaizumi exchanged looks before their gazes returned to the smiling ball of sunshine. They were unable to make any more comment however when the door to Kageyama's room opens.