V

116 AC Dragonstone

"Oh that one, little dragon?"

The small girl smiled as she stared at the eggs.

"Yes!" She replied softly from her father's arms.

"And what of the other baby? Which one for them?" He smiled. A real smile.

The small princess looked around at all of the eggs, eventually setting her eyes on a dark egg.

She slowly lifted her hand, and grabbed the egg.

"There you go." Her father helped to lift up the egg, placing it between her small hands.

"Shall we go home?" He spoke softly.

The girl gave him a small smile, as she held the dragon egg.
...

Pentos

"Laena!"

The prince's wife came quickly to the door, smiling at the sight of her husband and stepdaughter.

"Ohh, Valyria!" She grinned as she let the girl rush in to her embrace. She looked up at her husband, who watched the two happily.

"Valyria here chose the eggs for the babes." He lifted her up and admired her white hair, and gorgeous purple eyes.

"Ah, has she?" Laena brushed her fingers through her hair.

"Hm." He looked at her.

"Val, how about you go play with Anna, while your father and I talk?" She rubbed the little girl's cheek, while smiling down at her.

The maid, Anna quickly took the princess in her arms, and carried her out.

Prince Daemon came closer to his wife, placing both of his hands on her belly.

"How long?" He asked.

"The midwife said only about a few weeks left. Should be an easy delivery." She took his hands in hers.

Daemon stayed silent, the grin never leaving his face.

"I want to go back to Driftmark."
She blurted out.

Daemon looked at her in suprise.

"What?"

"Our family will soon expand and I want our children to be born and raised at home, not in an odd country surrounded by strangers." She squeezed his hands.

"We could go home." She whispered.

"Laena — "

"The king will understand, Daemon. I'm sure he misses his brother, as you surely miss him. I know I miss mine. He's now a parent, you know. So is Rhaenyra." He smirked at that.

"You have to also think about Valyria. She'd be better of, growing up near influences of her culture, her heritage. You always speak of her needing to get the best education and training in the realm, and that's exactly what Westeros can offer her. She'd get to know people her age. Jacarys is nearly the same age as her and Lucerys is only a year younger. She should get to know her cousins, Daemon."

"And let her be a part of the scheeming and plotting of the Hightowers? You know the rumour, greens and blacks?" He asked her.

"There will be a war soon, Laena. Do you want her, and our children—" he rubbed her stomach. "— to be a part of it?"

"It wouldn't be like that, —"

"Valyria's dragon is growing quickly. You have Vhagar, I have Caraxes. We now have two dragon eggs that could hatch at anytime. We're strong, Laena. If we stay away, our family will be safe. We'd be a large target there, believe me." He explained.

"You aren't giving up on this anytime soon, are you?" The lady asked.

After awhile, he answered.

"No."

...

"Daor, Valyrio. Irudy issi ao." (No, Valyria. You are a gift.)

"Irudy?" (A gift?) She wondered as Daemon was teaching her some Valyrian.

"Yes. It means gift, little one." He held his daughter on his lap.

"Irudy." She spoke again with a grin on her face.

He let out a laugh.

"Prince Daemon?" A sudden sound was heard at the door.

"Yes?"

"Lady Laena has gone into labour, -"

"Where is she?" He asked before the man could finish.

"In her chambers. My prince, the labour has not been easy. I recommend to not interfere with the maesters work —"

"I don't care about your recommendations, I need to see my wife." He stood up with Valyria still resting on his chest. He rushed out, and soon arrived at his and his wife's chambers. As he got closer to the door, the screams only grew louder.

...