VI

118 AC VOLANTIS

The four year old Valyria ran across the calm meadow, exploring the lands.

They had just arrived to Volantis.

A large shadow appeared on top of her, moving slowly at the pace of the girl.

Slowly, the shadow darkened and a set of claws catched her.

The grip was tight, but not the kind that would harm the small girl. She laughed, as she rested her head on the large claws.

"Gaomagon istia?" (Do you must?)
She muttered to the dragon, as it carried her back home.

...

"Skoriot sia ao, Valyrio? kostā daor dakogon hen hae bona!"
(Where were you, Valyria? You can not run off like that!)

"Vaoreznuni —" (Sorry —)

"There's no excuse!" Daemon yelled, before seeing the burning look behind her eyes.

He sighed as he went on his knees and put his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm glad you're safe. Please, no making me worried for you again anytime soon, little dragon?"

"Alright." Her soft voice said. She looked at the ground, not meeting his eyes.

"Hey?" He moved his head down, so that she was looking at him. He rubbed his thumb against her shoulder.

"Come inside." He ordered her, as he lifted her up.

As they passed the white dragon that was now about the size of Syrax as Daemon remembered it, he nodded at her as a thank you for bringing his daughter back home.

The dragon flew away, as she roared through the skies.

"I know what I'll name her now." Valyria happily told him.

"Really? What will you name her?" He put a smile on his face.

"Irudy."

"Gift. That's a great name, Valyria." He assured.

"You were lucky that she was there, you could of been hurt." He added.

"She's always there." She told him, while resting her head on his shoulder.

"Hm?" He questioned.

"Even right now." Valyria simply said.

"What do you mea—" He stopped himself from speaking, when he saw the person awaiting for the two.

Daemon stared at her, while taking a tighter grip on Valyria.

He held Valyria close, as he spoke;
"You're not supposed to be here."

"Promise me that you will not seak for me, or her. She'll be safe, I'll guarantee it."

"I promise."

Valyria turned her head to see the person her father was speaking to. She saw a young woman with white hair, just like hers. The woman was looking at her, with an expression she couldn't quite place.

The woman took a deep breath, before taking a step forward. Daemon watched her intensely, not moving a single muscle.

"Daemon. It's good to see you well. And, and I suppose you are Valyria?"

The girl didn't answer, but only looked up at Daemon.

He didn't look happy.
That told her everything she needed to know.

"Who are you?" She asked the woman.

She turned her gaze back at the girl.

"Oh, forgive me for, uh, not introducing myself. My name is Rhaenyra."

After a moment of silence, Daemon slowly put Valyria down and whispered; "Go find the twins. I'll come with you soon."

She quickly ran away.

"You promised to leave us be. Why are you here?" He said, calmly.

"Daemon, I've come to make you an offer." She stepped forward, but Daemon stayed still.

"I don't need anything, Rhaenyra—"

"But I do. Or, the king does. He's gotten ill, uncle. The only thing on his mind is Valyria, his prince that was promised, or so he says." Rhaenyra looked at him, like she was waiting for a certain type of reaction, but she didn't receive one.

"He's gotten mad, that's what's wrong with him. He knows he can't take her."

"That's why I'm here."

Daemon took a step back, looking at the direction that Valyria went into.

"Daemon—"

"What are you proposing, Rhaenyra?"

"I'm only suggesting, that, — Jacarys is her age. Lucerys only a year younger — I'm merely saying that it would benefit Valyria to get to know her family, kids her own age. Viserys would love that, Daemon. He really wants to know her, and the
dragon —"

"So is that what this is about? Power? You know I wouldn't do that."

"She would stay with me, and I would take care of her. Jace would love to meet her."

Daemon bit his lower lip.

"You need to leave. Now."

"No, Daemon —"

"I'm already putting my family at risk by having you here. Valyria is my daughter, blood or not. I respect your offer, and I do pray for your safe travels. Goodbye."

He opened the door.

Rhaenyra looked at him, before walking past him. She walked a few steps, before stopping.

"Can I see her?" She asked.
"I just, want to say hello, properly."

Daemon thought for a moment, before closing the door between them.

...

The rogue prince took fast steps in his and his family's living room.

"Is everything alright, Daemon? I heard that you had a visitor." Laena said from the couch.

"We need to leave, now." He quickly ordered.

"What is it?" She asked, while she stood up from the couch.

"Take Baela with you on Vhagar, I'll take Rhaena. Irudy can bring Valyria." He said, while lifting Val of the ground.

"Irudy?" She wondered.

"Yes, that's what she named the dragon."

"We'll go to Qohor. That's where we were planning to go anyways."

"I — I don't understand —"

"I'll tell you everything there. But for now, you have to trust me on this. We're in danger here, Laena."

She thought about it for a moment.

"Alright."

...