X

125 AC            DRAGONSTONE

"You don't like my mother?

"Well I don't necessarily not like your mother, she just — doesn't seem to like me." Valyria and Jace talked, as they watched Luke and Baela train.

"What, she likes you."

Valyria looked at him with a doubtful look.

They saw Baela's and Luke's wooden swords in the air, quickly changing their positions.

"Okay, I get what you mean." He laughed.

"And what about my father? Do you like him?" She questioned back.

"He — tries. He loves you, and the twins but he has a hard time adjusting, I think." Jace answered.

"He's always been like that. He tries his best, believe me."

"I believe you." He answered with a tone that was a little bit too serious for the topic.

"Hey! That's not fair!" They heard Baela yell from the ground.

Valyria stood up, and quickly, Baela stood up too.

"Baela, don't!" She yelled, as Baela was running towards a laughing Luke. His smile slowly turned into a fearsome look.

"Luke!" Jacarys yelled, right before Baela pushed him hard to the ground.

Jace ran towards his brother, seeing the blood coming out of his head.

"Baela! What did you do!?" Valyria yelled as she ran right behind Jace.

Baela stood still with her hand on her mouth.

Jace lifted up Luke's head on his lap. He was trying to find the wound, that caused the bleeding.

Luke's eyes slowly closed, even though Jace tried to shake him awake.

"No! Luke! Wake up!"

"You have to wake up!"

He yelled and yelled, as tears started flowing down his cheeks.

"Stay here. I'm going to get help." Valyria promised as she ran towards the castle, that she saw far away.

As she made her way towards her home, Irudy flew behind her.

Valyria seemed to not notice this, but as the dragon got closer, she threw her hands around her neck.

She used her feet to push herself onto Irudy's back.

The two flew as fast as they could towards the castle.

...

From the corner of his eye, Jace saw knights and the maester coming towards them.

He released the breath that he didn't know he was holding.

Jace looked at the maester and loosened his grip on his brother.

The maester took Luke away, and lifted him onto a thin bed, that the knights had lifted up.

Jace looked lost as he stared into the nothingness, the tears still running down his cheeks.

Valyria shed a tear as she watched Jace sitting on the ground, with blood on his hands.

"I managed to stop the blood flowing for a moment, but I don't know if that will be enough —"

Valyria almost jumped into the ground right next to Jace, throwing her arms around his stomach. She rested her head on his chest.

Jace hugged her tight, like nothing else mattered.