XII

129 AC KINGS LANDING

"Smaller than I remember." Luke thought as him, Jace and Valyria walked over to the training area.

"It looks exactly the same." Jace reasoned.

Oh, come on. Valyria, this is where we trained as kids. So much memories." He grinned.

Valyria smiled at him.

The talk with Daemon and Rhaenyra still bothered her.

She thought about telling Jace of their betrothal, but the timing didn't seem right.

They saw the people's rude stares as they walked through the space, but Jace seemed not to notice.

"See? I told you this would still be here. And you thought you could swing Criston's morningstar." Jace joked as he pointed at the mark on the stone wall.

"And you almost took your own head off." Jace messed up his brother's hair.

As the three went through the swords on display, Jace and Valyria looked at Luke, who had a troubled expression on his face.

"What's your problem?" Jace wondered.

"Everyone's staring at us. No one would question me being heir to Driftmark — if — if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong." He whispered.

Valyria put her arm on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"It doesn't matter what they think." Jace promised.

"Yeah, who cares about them? The only thing that matters us that you believe in yourself." Valyria spoke softly.

Jace gazed at her loving face, but looked away before she could notice.

As the three heard swords clashing in the other part of the space, they rushed to see the action.

As they peaked through the crowd, they saw a white haired young man fighting ser Criston Cole.

And Criston was losing.

"Well done, my prince. You'll be winning tourneys in no time." Criston praised.

"I don't give a shit about tourneys. Nephews, — have you come to train?" He asked as he saw the three standing in the crowd.

"Cousin." He turned towards Valyria.

"Hello. Aemond, I assume?" She walked forward, gaining warning looks from the two boys.

Aemond nodded, taking a long look at the princess.

"Valyria."

He seemed, almost intimidated by her. She had the second largest dragon in the world, and soon to be the first.

"Come to train?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"This? Not my specialty."

"Then what is?" He wondered.

"You'll know soon enough." She told to the prince wearing green.

"Open the gate!" They heard as Vaemond walked through with the Velaryon army around him.

...

"Alicent? Alicent —"

"No, it's Rhaenyra, Father."

She went over to her father's bed, after the dark had settled in.

"Rhaenyra." He breathed out.

"The Song of Ice and Fire. Do you believe it to be true?" She questioned.

"Aegon's dream." He muttered.

"You told me the duty was her's and mine, to hold the realm united against a common foe. That Valyria needed me on the throne, and I needed her on the battlefield. That, we would survive the danger in the North if I would be sitting the Iron throne. By naming me heir, you divided the realm."

"I thought I wanted it. But the burden is a heavy one. It's too heavy." She spoke softly as the tears ran down her cheeks.

"My — My only child."

"If you wish me to bear it, then defend me. Defend Valyria. And my children."

He didn't answer, as his pain got worse.

...

"I want to have supper, Otto." The king muttered.

"It is the morning, Your Grace." He tried to keep the grin in.

"Tonight. The whole of my family are gathered at the Red Keep. I want us to dine together."

"Bring milk of the poppy." The hand alerted the maids, as his coughing got heavier.

"No." Viserys declined.

"Just arrange the supper."

...

Thank you all for sticking around❤️

I appreciate all of you. Take care❤️