✘ 5

With a long sigh, Hyein plopped down onto the soft sheets of her new bed

With a long sigh, Hyein plopped down onto the soft sheets of her new bed. Her eyes instantly brightened at the warm feeling she hadn't experienced in years.

Tears began to brim her eyes at the unexplainable feeling of security. A genuine smile crept onto her lips, her body surrounded with warmth.

A light knock on the door interrupted her as her smile disappeared. Clearing her throat, she let out a soft 'come in' as the door opened, revealing none other than her twin brother.

His eyes widened at the clear tears in her eyes as he took quick steps forward, engulfing her in a tight embrace.

“Noona, what's wrong?! Are you hurt?!”, he asked, clearly concerned.

Hyein shook her head, letting out a soft chuckle. “I'm happy.”, her words coming out as a shock to him. “Happy?”, he questioned.

“It's a real bed, Ji. A-a real bed...”, tears started to pour out as a genuine smile returned to her lips. Jisung tightened his grip on her, rubbing her back gently, knowing exactly how she was feelings.

“Yes, it's a real bed, silly.”, he let out a small chuckle, feeling tears gather within his own eyes.

Little did they know, the other members were watching with soft gazes, yet their minds couldn't grasp why they got so emotional.

“Don't worry, Noona. Everything will be okay now.”, he smiled, gently pulling away from their embrace. He brought his hand up to wipe away her tears.

Despite being the younger one of the pair, Jisung was always the responsible one, taking care of his sister and keeping her out of harm. He was mature, able to handle the harshest of problems.

Hyein on the other hand was cautious, always aware of her surroundings. Even if she tried to stay calm or act fearless, it would always crumble eventually. Although she hated to admit it, she was dependant on Jisung.

Mark cleared his throat, gaining the siblings' attention. “Hyung..”, Jisung wiped away his tears, a serious expression returning to his face, contrasting his soft one from only seconds ago.

“Sorry to interrupt, but someone wants to meet her.”, he nodded his head at Hyein, a look of confusion plastered on her face.

Jisung immediately knew who he was talking about, his gaze landing on his sister with a reassuring smile. “Come on, Noona.”, he grabbed her hand, pulling her off the bed.

The two exited the room, following quietly behind Mark.

The other members had dispersed, going their seperate ways, but one lingered around the siblings, unable to look away from the beautiful masterpiece that was his soulmate.

As they reached the living room, a feminine figure was sat on the couch, waiting patiently. Her jet black hair was beautifully curled, complimenting her features.

Mark's gaze immediately softened as a loving smile grazed his lips. “Love, I want you to meet Hyein, Jisung's sister. She'll be staying with us from now on.”.

The girl immediately snapped her head in their direction, a wide smile spreading across her lips. She jumped up in excitement, immediately engulfing the younger girl in a tight hug, startling her.

“Finally! Another girl! Gosh, I thought I'd die of boredom if I had to hang out with these idiots for a minute longer!”, Jisung scoffed, slightly offended by her words.

Hyein chuckled, relaxing her stiffened muscles that were unsure about the new presence. “I'm Yujin by the way! Seok Yujin!”, she smiled at her.

“And this beautiful hunk of meat is my soulmate.”, she said, cupping Mark's face and placing a soft kiss to his lips.

Jisung gagged, completely and utterly disgusted by their loving nature. Hyein smacked the boy on the arm, giving him a warning glare.

“I'm Hyein, Park Hyein. Jisung's twin sister.”, she smiled at the older girl, grabbing her attention once more.

“Well, I'm super excited to get to know you! We should go shopping tomorrow, a little bonding time without the boys.”, Hyein froze, lowering her gaze.

Shopping, a luxury she never had. All her clothes were handed down to her from Mrs. Kim. Not to mention, she was broke. She had used all her money from her last paycheck to pay for their phone bills.

Hyein gave a forced smile to Yujin, nodding as an answer instead of letting out an excuse not to go. Jisung noticed this and sighed. “You don't have to go if you don't want to.”, he blurted out, catching both Yujin and Mark's attention.

“Oh, do you not like shopping?”, the girl asked, her eyes glazing over with worry. She worried that Hyein wouldn't like her as much anymore.

Hyein glared at her brother, mentally cursing him for getting her into this mess, but nevertheless she shook her head. “I... I haven't been shopping before...”.

She stared at her feet, feeling the embarrassment creep up on her. Jisung held her hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

Yujin let out a gasp, a small pout making its way to her lips. “I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..”.

Hyein shook her head, giving Yujin a small smile. “No, it's okay! We can go, it sounds fun!”, Yujin nodded, a smile returning to her lips. “Alrighty! I'll see you tomorrow then!”.

The two shared a quick embrace, before Yujin left with Mark to their room. Hyein let out the breath she didn't even know she was holding until now. Jisung watched her carefully, analyzing her expressions.

“Do you not like her?”, she shook her head. “No, I do! I just... yknow what, nevermind. You should go sleep, Ji.”.

Jisung sighed, but followed her orders. The two shared a long and warming embrace before going to their respective rooms.

22:42 P.M
Hyein sighed, pulling the covers off of her as she sat up on her bed. Her body was on high alert, unable to sleep due to the lack of presence of her brother.

Pushing herself off, she stepped out of her room, taking careful steps towards the kitchen for a glass of water. She knew she had to learn to stop relying on her brother, sleeping alone was one step forward.

As she approached the kitchen, she noticed the lights were already on. Someone was in there.

Hyein paused, unsure if she should go in. She didn't know the other members very well, only Mark and Jaemin. The others didn't bother to introduce themselves as they were too exhausted.

With a sigh of defeat, she turned on her heel, preparing to walk away, but paused at the sound of a familiar voice.

“You can come in, I don't bite.”.

Yujin's a sweetheart, I promise