✘ 19

The van came to a halt, each member jumped out with their guns in hand

“Renjun, install viruses in their software. Jaemin, we need a virtual layout of the entire building.”, Mark began ordering the other members as they listened and obliged.

“Jisung, Haechan, and Chenle, secure the vault. Jeno, you and I will stand guard.”, he finished, earning a firm nod from three of them and a lazy one from Chenle.

The sound of typing rang throughout the van as Renjun had his complete focus on the mini laptop on his lap.

“Alright, virus is installed.”, Renjun said, relaxing in his seat. Mark nodded and signalled for the trio to start heading in.

With their guns lifted in targetting position, they took careful steps towards the building, Jisung taking the first initiative to open the door.

With cautious advancements, the trio found themselves standing just outside the room to the vault with Jeno and Mark right behind them. Or so they thought.

“Looks like we have company, boys.”, a sinister voice spoke up, catching them off guard.

Jisung immediately pointed his gun at the dark hallway behind them as Haechan tensed, recognizing the voice. “Jihoon.”.

Suddenly, a group double their size emerged from the shadows, large smirks plastered on their faces.

Haechan squinted his eyes, analyzing each member. As if he could tell what he was doing, Jisung gave Haechan the answer to his non-verbal question.

“The tall one. Wide shoulders, slightly more tense than the rest.”, he whispered, just loud enough for Haechan to hear.

Haechan nodded, making eye contact with the boy in question. “Park Jeongwoo.”, he mouthed as Jeongwoo nodded in acknowledgement.

His eyes then found the pair he despised the most. “Long time no see, Jihoon.”, Haechan said, a menacing grin on his lips.

Jihoon's expression hardened as he glared at the playful look on Haechan's face. “This is our bank. Neo's don't get to wonder around.”, he scoffed.

The atmosphere was tense and rather dark as the two groups stared intensely at each other. “You don't get it, do you.”.

Jihoon raised a brow at Haechan's words. He smirked, taking a step towards the man. “We aren't here to wander around. We're here to kick your ass. Got it?”, he chuckled.

Jihoon began to shake in aggravation, causing Haechan's smirk to widen. “What? Cat got your tongue?”.

Chenle tensed up as he heard more footsteps approaching them. Jihoon slowly relaxed, a smirk of his own taking place.

“I simply don't bother with your kind. That's all.”, Jihoon replied back, cocking the gun in his hand before pointing it behind him.

Haechan raised a brow at this before his eyes widened as realization set in. Jihoon smirked at Haechan's reaction before pulling the trigger.