✘ 16

With tears pouring out, Hyein ran towards her room and shut herself in, locking the door behind her

Placing the palm of her hands against her face, she slowly slid down the door, breaking out into a chorus of sobs. She had no idea he had done all of that for her...

She was beyond angry. Angry at herself for not doing more, for not making as much sacrifices as Jisung had.

After all, she was the older twin.

That was my responsibility...

Hyein flinched slightly as there was a loud bang on her door. “Hyein, open this door! I can feel your emotions!”.

She sighed as she heard Haechan's concerned voice from the other side of the wall. She didn't want to concern him, but she also just wanted to be alone to drown in her own thoughts.

“Hyein!”, he banged on the door once again as Hyein gave in, slowly hoistering herself off of the floor before reaching out to unlock the door.

The door then flew open before she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist, pulling her into his chest.

Haechan visibly relaxed as soon as he had her in his arms. He snuggled his face into the crook of her neck, inhaling the light and gentle scent of vanilla and lavender. Her favorite perfume.

“I'm okay..”, She blurted out, bringing her hands up to cup his face. He slowly pulled back, still keeping a firm grip on her waist. “Just... a bit angry.”.

Hyein said, but was taken aback by the multiple tears that were escaping his eyes. “Why are you crying, bub?”.

Haechan sniffed, looking away from her as she gently wiped away some of his tears. “We're soulmates, babe. When you cry, I cry.”, he explains.

Hyein let out a soft chuckle as she backed away from him, turning around to face away from him.

“I'm sorry for worrying you, b-but.. I want to be alone for a little while...”, she said, wiping away a small tear of her own.

Haechan sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “Okay... but please tell me if you need anything. I'll be in my room...”, he said before turning around and leaving the room, shutting the door from behind him.

Hyein sighed, dropping down next to her bed.

Jisung had sacrificed so much for her. His time, energy, safety, and even his academics. But what did she sacrifice? Nothing, absolutely nothing....

Some great sibling I am, she thought.

Hyein laughed to herself, shaking her head at her own misery.

17:47 P.M, Friday
Jisung crouched down in front of his sister's sleeping finger, his eyes glazed over with pain and sadness.

Why did she have to find out? Now she's going to hate herself..., he thought.