✘ 28

The room was mostly silent, only the sounds of pencils gliding across the paper and fingers typing on the keyboard could be heard across the classroom

Writing her answer down to the last question on her final test of the year, Hyein glanced out of the window, narrowing her eyes on something.

She nearly bursted into laughter at the awful disguise of their supposed "bodyguard".

Jaehyun disguised himself as school security to keep an eye on them during school hours.

This was only his second day of the job, but he already seemed to have grown on Hyein. He was serious when working, but otherwise, he had a terribly funny sense of humor.

As the bell rang, the students turned in their tests before grabbing their stuff, leaving for the day.

Just one more day, and she'll never have to see Junghwan ever again.

The girls had been actively avoiding him, and he seemed to have noticed the fact that one of NCT's members were on his tail at all times.

It was a powerful feeling, knowing he couldn't approach them freely.

Hyein swung her bag over her shoulder, exiting the classroom as Yumi and Taeri were waiting outside for her.

“Hey, ready to go?”, Taeri smiled, pointing at Jaehyun who was waiting for them outside the building.

Hyein chuckles, “Yeah”.

He paced around the large living room, his fingers tapping his arms and a scowl painted across his face.

“If you don't sit your ass down, fullsun!!”, a voice spoke up, clearly irritated by the boy's whole existence.

“Try leaving your soulmate in the hands of a piece of fruit, bunny!”, Haechan growled at the older boy, sitting down on the couch.

He stared at one of the members who was also present in the room, carefully cleaning his katana.

“Why the hell did TY call the dreamies over to our headquarters. A day without this bitch is a miracle in itself.”, the man growled, annoyed.

Haechan rolled his eyes. “You know you love me, hyung.”.

“I wouldn't agitate him, Haechan. Doyoung and Taeyong fought again.”, the other presence shrugged, snickering.

“Shut. Up. Yuta.”, Doyoung death glared at the eldest, clearly grumpy beyond repair.

“So, who's all coming?”, Haechan asks, already wanting to leave.

“Well, there's you, me, Doyoung, TY... the other dreamies, Jaehyun and Jungwoo.”, Yuta says, putting his cleaning supplies down.

“Nice and shiny.”, he smirks, holding up his proud craft with a glint of amusement.

“I feel sorry for your soulmate.”, Doyoung scowls.

“Well, I already feel sorry for yours. I can practically hear the groans of irritation from your terrible personality.”, Yuta scowled back.

“I second that.”, a voice is heard as they all turn towards the staircase.

“Mark~~~!!”, Yuta stood up, rushing to the boy with a bright smile.

“I'm taken.”, Mark says, putting his hand up in a stopping gesture.

Yuta pouted as Haechan stood up, frowning. “How much longer do we have to be here?”.

Mark rolled his eyes. “The meeting just ended with the dreamies. It took longer because you couldn't keep your mouth shut.”, he stared, rather intensely.

“No matter how many times you try to tell me I should let it go, my soulmate is being left in the hands of a fuckboy!”.

They all gaped at him, clearly questioning his existence.

“You have major trust issues, man.”, Yuta shook his head in disbelief.

Just then, the front door opened, revealing a smiling Jaehyun and an amused Hyein, fueling Haechan's annoyance.

He immediately pulled Hyein into his arms, glaring daggers at Jaehyun who just scoffed.

“You didn't let the dog out?”, Jaehyun scowled as Haechan's glare became harsher.

“Can we leave now?”, Haechan asked Mark in a scary tone as Mark sighed.

“Not yet, we still have a group meeting, as a whole.”, Mark said, shaking his head. “The things I put up with...”.

Hyein pushed Haechan towards the couch, sitting on his lap before running her fingers through his hair.

He visibly relaxed, nuzzling his face into her shoulder, hugging her gently with a smile on his face.

“Better?”, she asks him, her voice soft and loving. “Much better.”, he mumbled.

Taeri and Yumi then enter the building just as TY came down with the rest of the dreamies.

“Alright. Now, let's discuss what we all really gathered here for.”, TY spoke in a serious tone, everyone taking a seat on the couch.

“Treasure. We can all agree that they need to be stopped. As soon as possible.”, he says, getting everyone's attention.

“So, instead of going to them, we'll make them come to us.”.

Hyein stares up at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. She had too much on her mind. There was so much that could go wrong with their plan.

She could feel the bed shifting as she was pulled tightly into Haechan's arms.

“Can't sleep? I can't if you can't...”, he mumbled, sounding tired.

Hyein turned around to face him, feeling a bit bad that he can't sleep because of her. “Sorry...”.

He shook his head. “What's wrong?”.

She sighs, cuddling into his chest. “I'm just worried. It sounds like a great plan and all, but so much could go wrong...”.

Haechan sighs, running his fingers through his hair. “I trust TY. If something goes wrong, he'll be right on top of it, asap.”, he smiles.

“You don't have to worry. I'll keep you safe.”, he kisses her forehead, gently stroking her hair.

“Besides, that should be the least of your worries right now. Your special day is coming up soon.”, he reminds her.

“Right...”, she smiles. “My graduation.”.

It's a bit short- but that's because I have two chapters planned ;)

Stay tuned!