✘ 13

Hyein sat down, staring blankly into her lap as Haechan gave her hand a light squeeze, attempting to comfort her

Hyein sat down, staring blankly into her lap as Haechan gave her hand a light squeeze, attempting to comfort her. Mafia, huh..?, she scoffed.

All these years and he never bothered to tell me, she thought, feeling frustrated.

Jaemin and Renjun had gone down to the lobby to greet their soulmates, most likely pulling them off to do other things.

It was just Mark, Haechan, Jisung and her who were still in the room.

"Baby?", he called out softly, grabbing her attention. She lifted her head to meet his soft, concerned gaze. "Hm?".

"Maybe you should...", he paused, thinking on how to word his thoughts.

"Distance yourself from them? I know they're close friends, but-", he was cut off by Hyein's burst of emotions.

"They're dangerous?", she scoffed.

"We've been friends for three years! If you think they're sticking around because I'm related to you and Jisung is just- Are you kidding me?!!", she angrily let out.

Haechan sighed, squeezing her hand tighter as he gazed into her eyes, trying to keep his cool.

"Baby, that's not what I mean. I'm just worried. I don't want you getting hurt...", he explained, his voice getting softer towards the end.

Hyein shook her head, pulling her hand out of his grasp.

"I know them, Hyuck. Jeongwoo... he wouldn't hurt me. He's... He's like an older brother, he was there for me when no one was...", she spoke softly.

"Just trust me when I say they won't harm me. Can't they be happy too? Just like you or Jaemin?".

"Can't mafia have a life? A happy one?".

Haechan froze, her words seemingly pulling him into a sudden blur. Mark noticed this, sending the younger boy a look of concern.

He abruptly stood up off his chair, causing Hyein to furrow her brows. He looked down at her, staring blankly into her eyes. "No... that's impossible..".

He let out a small chuckle, his eyes glossy and narrowed. "Mafia can never be happy.", he said, turning on his heel and walking out of the room.

Hyein froze, concern sparking within her. Was it something I said?

She looked over at Mark who shrugged. Jisung had sat quietly the whole time, too immersed in his troubling thoughts. "Ji? Are you okay?", Hyein asked softly.

Jisung looked up, locking eyes with her concerned ones. "I don't like it. You constantly being in danger.", he began.

"Renjun told me what happened at the club.", he explained.

Hyein sighed, running her fingers through her hair.

"They're after you now that they know Haechan is your soulmate. Those three may be your friends now, but as soon as their boss gives them orders, they'll turn on you.".