✘ 18

A slight smirk appeared on Jeno's lips, a sign of approval to very few

“Ever thought of joining the mafia, Hyein?”, Jeno suggested, but was immediately shut down by the intense glares sent to him from both Haechan and Jisung.

Hyein let out a small chuckle before shaking her head lightly. “I don't think so. I quite enjoy being in the shadows.”, she responded.

The boy nodded, leaving the subject alone as Mark clapped his hands, gaining their attention.

“I believe it's a well thought out plan. However, how do we know if we can truly trust that he'll keep his side of the deal.”, Mark asked, raising a brow.

Hyein smiled. “I trust him. That's all we need. Trust.”, she simply replied, leaving Mark baffled.

“Trust? You want us to trust a member of our enemy gang?”, Chenle raised his voice, letting out a scoff afterwards.

“Give her a chance.”, Haechan spat, his eyes narrowing on the younger boy. Chenle shook his head in disbelief before averting his eyes from her.

Renjun cleared his throat before standing up from his seat.

“We'll talk more about how to move forward with this plan at a later date. Boys, we head out at five so let's get geared up.”, he announced, taking steps towards the door.

The others agreed with him as they followed suit.

Haechan smiled as he walked up to his soulmate, intertwining their fingers with a loving gaze.

“You did well, baby. I'm really proud of you.”, he said, placing a gentle kiss atop her head.

“Thanks, Hyuck.”, she smiled in return.

The two walked out, hand in hand, as they went down to Haechan's Black Porsche, it's expensive details leaving a good impression on those who pass by it.

Haechan smirked as he walked over to the passenger side, opening the car door for Hyein. She gave him a bright smile and a small 'thank you' before getting in.

He gently closed the door afterwards before getting into the driver's side. “Hyuck?”, she began, looking up at the boy.

“Yes, my love?”, he responded back, gazing at her lovingly yet curiously.

“Be careful, okay? I don't want you getting hurt. And it's not because it'll hurt me too, it's because I'm worried.”, she said, causing the sides of his face to heat up.

Hyein smiled adoringly at this and leaned over to place a soft kiss on his right cheek. “Can you do that for me?”.

Haechan lightly nodded, giving her a soft smile in return. Hyein accepted that and leaned back in her seat, letting him start the car.

The car ride was silent, but comfortable. A small smile made its way to his lips as he glanced at her through the rear view mirror.

I really don't deserve her, he thought.