✘ 26

As soon as they reached the house, Hyein was rushed inside and set down on one of the couches in the living room

Although appearing to be in a tornado of emotions at the moment, both Jisung and Haechan stuck to her side the entire way in, settling down on either side of her as Chenle worked tirelessly.

The young physician massaged around her neck, feeling for any damage from the strangling situation that left her in this unconscious state.

Chenle let out a long sigh before meeting the eyes of a very anxious lover. “She'll wake up eventually. Might have troubles speaking for a day or so, but she'll be just fine.”, he reassured.

Everyone in the room held looks of relief as Mark was just glad he hadn't let anyone die while under his responsibility.

Though the girls weren't technically part of the mafia, they were still considered part of the team, a crucial part of the team.

Minutes passed as Renjun and Taeri returned from their date, learning of what happened whilst they were away.

As soon as Jaemin returned from his solo mission, he scooped Yumi into his arms with a hysterical look on his face, heavily relieved once he checked her for injuries several times over.

For the most part, everything was fine, even Jisung managed to find comfort in Chenle's diagnosis, but one, however, couldn't forget so easily.

He kneeled in front of his soulmate's body, holding her hand gently as if she was so fragile she'd shatter under the smallest amounts of pressure.

He brought her knuckles to his lips, hands still shaking from the evident fear and anxiety that ran through him in a cold rush.

That was too close, he thought.

He couldn't help the quiet sob that escaped his lips as he stared at the red hand marks on her neck.

He never wished this kind of thing on her, not at all. His hesitancy at the beginning of their relationship was a result of this fear.

The aching pain of having to witness someone so precious to him go through such torture just to pull at his heartstrings. Just for the enemy to feel like they had some sense of control over him.

What was his strongest motivation, was also his biggest weakness.

He couldn't do it. He couldn't sit there and take it like everyone was hoping he'd continue to do. Screw planning, he wanted to march right into the Treasure HQ and force them into silence.

But that would be too risky, even for the underworld's most skilled criminal.

But mark his words, they will pay one day, and when that day comes...

I will not show any mercy.

A small groan escaped her lips as she slowly opened her eyes, still feeling the burning sensation in her throat, but mildly.