✘ 17

12:45 P

12:45 P.M, Wednesday
Hyein let out a long sigh, her lips dipping down into a frown. “They're constantly on missions...”, she pouted.

Jeongwoo groaned in frustration as he rubbed his temple. “Not to rush you or anything, but we're on a time limit.”, he said as Hyein's heartbeat picked up.

“Why didn't you tell me that?!!”, she growled, her hands coming up to cover her face in an attempt to destress herself. “I forgot.”, she rolled her eyes.

The two stared blankly at the food on their trays, their thoughts overtaking them. That was, until a group of individuals slid into the open spots at their table.

“Whatcha talking about, Hye?”, Yumi asked, a curious look on her face. “Prom.”, Hyein simply said, quickly thinking of a cover-up story.

They all saw how Yumi's eyes lit up at the mention of their last school dance. “I forgot to ask Jaemin about that. He's been busy lately.”, she pouted slightly.

Taeri and Hyein nodded in agreement, thinking of their own soulmates.

“Are you feeling better now?”, Junghwan asked out of nowhere, gaining their attention. “Huh?”.

“You weren't at school on Friday...”, he mumbled, his eyes narrowed and accusing. Yumi frowned at this and shook her head.

“I don't see why that has anything to do with you?”, she challenged. Hyein gulped, staring the boy down as she noticed his expression harden.

His jaw was clenched and his eyes screamed violence. Hyein stood up from her seat, grabbing everyone's attention.

Junghwan raised a brow at her, catching her attention. She stared him down, as did he with her. The normal, yet intense staring contest had confused the others at the table.

Junghwan leaned back in his chair, finally averting his attention away from Hyein and back to Yumi.

“I was just asking. No need to bitch about it.”, he scoffed out, standing up from his seat as his chair scooted back.

Yumi slammed the palms of her hands on the table, glaring at Junghwan. “Excuse me?!!”, she growled.

Junghwan scoffed, placing his hands in his pockets. “What? Has the princess never been talked back to?”, he said.

Haruto cleared his throat, grabbing ahold of Junghwan's wrist in the process. “We'll take our leave now.”.

With that, Haruto dragged Junghwan out of the cafeteria, leaving a seething Yumi, a confused Taeri, a shaking Hyein, and an annoyed Jeongwoo.

He's... intimidating, she thought.

“Why is he acting out? He never talks like that to Yumi.”, Taeri said, as if stating the obvious. “He's annoying!”, Yumi said between gritted teeth.