✘ 15

The car ride was mostly silent, the two girls taking the time to process the recent events at the gang house

"Do you think she's mad at us?", Taeri whispered, worried about their friend.

Hyein shook her head, a small smile displayed on her lips. "Maybe a little, but I think she just needs space right now.", she said as Taeri nodded.

Yujin glanced at the two girls through the mirror, a small frown on her face. She couldn't help but feel bad about their current situation. Curious and oblivious to the many dangers of the mafia world.

The more they knew about it, the more their life would be put in danger.

“Here we are.”, Yujin announced as she pulled up to the High school, a smile now plastered on her face.

“Thanks, Eonnie!”, Hyein said as Yujin's smile grew wider. “Of course! I'll be picking you up too.”, Hyein nodded.

The two girls waved goodbye before walking towards the front entrance, a familiar figure coming into view.

“Jeongwoo?”, Hyein questioned as she approached him. He smiled upon seeing her, waving her and Taeri over towards him.

Taeri gladly began to walk towards him, but Hyein froze at her spot, Jisung's words repeating in her mind.

They're mafia. Jeongwoo is apart of a mafia.

Hyein sighed, looking over at Jeongwoo and Taeri's confused gazes as she walked right past them and into the building, not sparing them another glance.

Her fists clenched and her gaze fell to the floor as she tried her hardest to ignore the painful sinking of her heart.

After all, Jeongwoo was like family to her, but his gang was after her.

But, would he really hurt me?, she thought.

Her footsteps came to a halt as she shook her head, a sad smile on her lips.

He would never, ever hurt me.

Abruptly, she was brought out of her thoughts by a light tap to her shoulder. She flinched, not expecting the contact, but looked up to see who had wanted her attention.

She gulped as she locked eyes with him, the pace of her heart beat increasing ten times the normal rate. “H-haruto..”.

Haruto raised an eyebrow at the quiet, unconfident tone she had used to address him. Junghwan, who was right behind him, narrowed his eyes on her.

Junghwan lightly nudged Haruto, giving him a look as he stared at her.

“G-good morning, Hyein.”, he said, nervously glancing over at Junghwan.

The said boy placed his hand on Haruto's shoulder, tightening his hold with a deathly grip. Haruto winced in pain, but got the signal nonetheless.

Anyone could tell that Junghwan had full control over him, after all, he was the one in charge of their new mission.