chapter one

|ONE|
SWEET HEAVEN

          Eira was only a girl of nineteen when she met Eric and decided to be his. She was now twenty-one and through the two years she'd been his, their odd relationship was kept very private. The only ones who really knew about them was Eric's progeny, Pam, the vampires that frequented Fangtasia, and her mother.

        It wasn't like her to be deceitful so she told her mother almost immediately once she decided to be his. Her mother, Meredith, didn't like it at all but there were far worse vampires for her to have met. Plus, one thing her mother and the vampire both agreed on was keeping the knowledge of Eira secret and private.

        Her mother wanted her presence kept secret because of what Eira could do. Eric wanted her kept secret because of her blood that he only ever wanted to be his.

In the two years she gave Eric her blood, their relationship never turned sexual. Although, not for lack of trying. Eric tried many times to seduce her but Eira was far too innocent to have any type of desire in that way to even read into what he was doing.

Eventually, Eric decided he didn't want to ruin her. She was too pure, and, although he flirted with her many times, the unlikely pair were just friends (albeit in a very odd way). And so they're strange relationship continued without any complications, although, the weeks that followed would prove to have many bumps along the road.

        _____

        Merlotte's.

       It was where she worked as a waitress. She had a jovial spirit and always gave a customer a smile even if they gave her odd looks because of her snow, white hair. She was currently working tonight.

          The Rattrays came into the bar and sat down in a different section than she had. She heard Sookie comment, "Oh, God no."

          She gave Sookie a smile, "Don't worry, Sookie. I'll wait on them."

          "You're an absolute angel, Eira. Thank you," Sookie said gratefully as Eira went towards the back booth they sat at.

She walked past the booth that Jason and Hoyt were sitting at. She gave Jason a smile and he stared in awe. He uttered as she went past, "Does she just keep getting prettier and prettier or what?"

Hoyt chuckled, "She's way out of your league."

"Yeah. You're probably right, man," Jason said wistfully as he thought. She's so beautiful. That girl deserves the best things. That ain't me. I've never been a good thing, have I? But I wish I was. I'd try. Then he was smacked upside the head by Sookie.

"You stay away, Jason," Sookie scolded.

"Jesus, Sook. I wasn't gonna do nothing," Jason responded. At least, he thought he wouldn't.

"You better," Sookie warned as she walked away and Jason sighed before he turned his gaze to Dawn.

"Well, I can't have the prettiest but I can have pretty," Jason smirked as he left the table to go flirt with Dawn. A distraction. Hoyt shook his head in amusement.