chapter six

|SIX|
THE MURDER OF ONE

Eira left Eric shortly before dawn. She had a bright smile on her face as she went to leave but Pam shook her head at Eric, "No. You aren't letting her leave like that. Her mother might just skin you alive. Honestly, Eric, couldn't you have had some tact?"

Eric smirked as he stared her neck proudly, "No."

But Eira was confused, "What?"

Pam pointed her eyes at her neck, "Sweetheart, when you spend that long with a man doing what you have. There's evidence. You need to cover it up."

"Ginger," Pam called. "Be a dear and bring me whatever makeup you have."

"Of course," Ginger smiled.

"Evidence?" Eira stared at Pam in confusion. "What evidence?"

Pam rolled her eyes before bringing her to a mirror in the now empty bar. Eira gasped once she saw the bruises, hickeys, on her neck before she chastised, "Eric!"

"What? You liked it," Eric stated simply as he put his hands in his pockets. "And I plan on doing it again."

She blushed scarlet as Ginger came back. Pam started to cover up the hickeys as Ginger stared at them longingly, "Man are you so lucky or what?"

Eric smirked, "She thinks your lucky, Eira. Do you agree?"

She elbowed him and he chuckled before she gave him a slight glare, "Do you think you're lucky, Eric?"

"Immensely," Eric smirked as he looked at the half-covered hickeys and her swollen lips.

Eira blushed as she looked at him softly before Pam rolled her eyes, "The two of you are making me nauseous."

Eric chuckled as Pam finished covering the hickeys, "There. All done."

"Thanks, Pam," Eira replied with a sweet smile.

"Of course," Pam said as she looked at Eric who had his eyes glued to her smile. Although, she was happy for Eric (and she quite liked Eira), it was dangerous for him to feel this way.

Eira beamed at Eric as she gave him a short kiss goodbye. Eric watched her leave with a small smile of adoration as Pam shook her head, "Do you know what you're doing?"

Eric gave her a look, "Don't start, Pam."

          _____

         Eira went home and she got dressed for the funeral of Adele Stackhouse. She felt bad for thinking it but she didn't really want to go as she didn't want to be involved in something so sad. It made her heart ache.

          She attended the funeral with her mother. As she stared at the casket, it made her so sad to think of a body in there; a body whose life had been cut short. Eira couldn't help the few tears that left her eyes and the short sniffles. She gripped the hand of her mother tightly; she didn't want to ever lose her.