chapter twenty-three

| TWENTY-THREE |
WHEN FIRE BURNS

Eric returned to Eira that same night. But he was all bloody and she immediately went to him in concern.

"What happened?"

He shook his head, "What matters is that I did as you asked. Your friend is safe and the werewolf is dead."

Then he continued to inform her, "Although, whether she stays safe is up to her. She's going to Jackson tomorrow to look for Bill because the werewolves have a Mississippi accent and before you ask I'm sending someone with her as a precaution because of the care I have for you."

"Now," he started to smile as he stared at her like a pleading puppy. "Can I have my prize?"

"And what would that be?" she couldn't help but smile.

"A kiss," he gave her his most brilliant smile as he started to move towards her but she shook her head as she stared at the blood all over his mouth.

"Oh no," she pointed towards her bathroom. "Shower first. I'm not kissing you with blood all over you."

He made a noise of protest before he relented. He vamp sped into the bathroom. He came out only a moment later in only his jeans with wet hair.

"Does this satisfy you?"

She hummed in acknowledgment as she ogled his bare torso. He smirked as he noticed and basked in the moment because he rather enjoyed her looking at him like that. But then he tilted her chin up as he asked, "So I can kiss you now?"

She nodded a bit in a haze but that was all he needed. He pressed his lips to hers and kissed her deeply. His hands moved to her hips before moving up her curves over her shirt. Then he moved them along her back before tangling them in her hair.

                He walked them backwards until they ran into the end of her bed. She only merely climbed on top of it where he hovered over her and continued to kiss her senseless. She moved her hands to caress her fingers down his torso. Eric groaned into her mouth at the feeling of her hands on him which made her smile into the kiss.

           Then she pushed against his chest to get him to stop. He moved his lips away from hers to stare at her in concern. But she only pushed against his chest again to direct him to lay beside her. Then she moved to straddle him.

           "What are you doing?" he stared up at her in exhilaration.

           "You said you wanted a prize," she smiled mischievously. "I plan to reward you."

              She leaned down and started placing kisses all over his chest like she did the other night. He let out a low moan as he spoke in rough, deep voice, "You drive me fucking crazy."

          She only smiled and continued to leave a trail of blazing kisses on his skin. He felt like a warm body with the feeling of her soft lips all over him. And when she was done, he devoured her mouth with his for the rest of the night.

        _____

        When it was daylight, they spent the time outside. They laid on a blanket in her backyard. Eric propped himself up on his side so he could stare down at her eyes and how they glistened in the sun. She was wearing a bathing suit though so she could tan which made him rake his eyes over all the bare skin from time to time.