chapter fifteen

| FIFTEEN |
SUCK THE PAIN AWAY

          Eric felt her fear and panic. He intended to go to her but as soon as it came it was gone. It was gone because she had passed out from the pain.

         But Bill and Jessica had heard her scream and alerted Sookie to it. Bill commanded Jessica to stay before he and Sookie both went and found Eira. Sookie placed a hand over her mouth at the deep claw marks she saw on her back, "Oh my god. Bill, help her."

           "Blood won't help. She's been poisoned," Bill said as he noticed the foaming at her mouth before lifting her up. "But we need to take her to Eric."

           Sookie nodded. She hurried after him to load her into her car before they drove off.

           _____

        Eric immediately smelt her scent when Bill brought her inside. He was in front of the younger vampire in an instant, "What happened?"

       "She was attacked," Bill explained. "I think she's been poisoned."

        "Pam," Eric called and it was the first time he even looked at her in two weeks. "Call Dr. Ludwig."

          _____

            Fangtasia was cleared out and Eira was laid upon a futon. The short doctor was inspecting her while Eric paced. Sookie and Bill sat close by.

           "What attacked her?" Eric asked Bill.

           "I don't know," Bill replied. "I only heard her scream and then we found her like that."

            "Pam. Chow," he called. "Go search the area."

             "Can't," Pam said before smirking. "I'm wearing my favorite pumps."

            "You will not disobey me," Eric turned to her quickly in anger as he gave her a cold stare.

         "Yes, Eric," Pam stared sadly before disappearing with Chow.

          When the doctor touched the claw marks on her back, she woke up with a scream. Sookie reacted before Eric did and crouched down in front of her as she grabbed her hand, "Eira, it's okay. There's a doctor taking of you."

          "I can't move," Eira cried as she couldn't feel her limbs. "Am I dying?"

           "Yes," Dr. Ludwig stated.

           "No, she can't die," Eric commanded.

           "Eric?" Eira questioned. She hadn't seen him. Her face was turned to the other side.

           "I'm here," Eric spoke softly as he stared at Eira before looking at the doctor. "Can you save her?"

          "Well, we don't have a lot of choices, she's been poisoned. You ever heard of Komodo dragons? Their mouths are teeming with bacteria. After one has bitten you, it will track you for hours, days, just waiting for the toxins to slowly eat away at your nervous system till you're good and helpless. Then it will devour you alive," Ludwig explained. "This poison is similar but way more efficient. I think I've seen it before but it's hard to tell without testing, and we don't have that kind of time. Give us some privacy. I need to remove her clothing."