chapter twenty

| TWENTY |
MAENAD AT HOME

        Eira left Dallas with Eric the next day. They went to Shreveport and to Fangtasia. When they arrived, they were immediately greeted by Pam.

         "Eric, I'm so sorry about Godric," Pam immediately gave her sympathies.

            "Well, it's over now," Eric said blankly.

             Pam glanced at Eira who was beside Eric with her hand in his. She smirked as she attempted to lighten the mood, "I see you have your little pet back."

           "She's my lover," his eyes hardened as he commanded. "Be more respectful."

           "Of course, Eric," Pam smiled nervously.

         And Eric moved past her with Eira beside him. She looked back at Pam in confusion and wondered why Eric was being so cold to Pam. But she figured that was something they needed to work out. She had no idea that it was about her and that Eric was still mad about Pam telling Eira he didn't care about her; and it was obvious to him with the pet comment that she didn't learn anything.

            As they got into his office, she smiled bashfully, "You called me your lover."

          "Because you are," Eric said as he picked her up off the ground and held her to him. "But I'll say it again if it makes you so happy."

        She looped her arms around his neck as she spoke happily, "I'll just settle for kissing you."

          And she pressed her lips to his. Eric responded immediately and walked forward with her before setting her on his desk. He tangled his hands in her hair as he kissed her passionately. He kept kissing her all night because he wanted to drown in the feeling of her lips instead of what he lost.

______

Eira slept in the coffin with Eric during the day. When night came, there was already someone waiting to speak to Eric.

"Sam," Eira smiled and hugged him.

"It's nice to see you, Eira," Sam returned the hug.

Eric stared intently at the hug and he interrupted quickly, "You came to see me, shifter."

Sam let go of her and Eric immediately grabbed her hand, bringing her back to his side. But she smiled at Coby and Lisa who were Arlene's kids and gave them a cute little wave.

"I came to ask if you knew anything about a maenad," Sam stated. "It's taken over Bon Temps. Everyone seemed to be possessed by it."

"Taken over?" Eira asked. "When did this happen?"

"You don't know?" Sam asked.

Eira shook her head, "I haven't been to Bon Temps in awhile."

"Well then you probably don't know that it took over your house," Sam scratched the back of his head.

"Excuse me?" Eira said in shock. "It did what?"

"Yeah. It has an obsession with you almost as much as it does with me."