chapter twelve

| TWELVE |
LIPS POISON THE WELL

      Apparently, Bill was, in fact, in trouble for killing Longshadow

      Apparently, Bill was, in fact, in trouble for killing Longshadow. His punishment would be decided by the Magister at a tribunal. Eric, as Sheriff, had to take him there the following night. He was going to be gone for two days.

        Eric kissed her deeply before he left and he muttered against her lips like he was trying to convince her along with himself, "It won't be that long."

        "I know," she said breathlessly as she stood in his grasp. He had his hands on the side of her face and his thumbs caressed her cheeks. Her eyes gazed into his sky blue ones as worry started to creep into hers. "And you're sure this Magister won't find blame in you?"

She knew that Bill would be punished for killing Longshadow. But considering Eric had been present when it happened and could have stopped it, she wasn't sure if he would be punished as well. It made her scared and she had asked this question already multiple times.

            "Yes," his lips quirked in amusement. "You're so worrisome over me."

"Of course I am," she said cutely as she moved forward, hugging him as she snuggled her head against his chest. "It's you."

She said it like he was special. Like he was ever so important and he should know why. He hummed with a small, knowing smile before he kissed the top of her head.

Then he sighed before he stepped away from her hold, "I'll be back."

She watched him leave and utter to his progeny as he did so, "Watch over her, Pam."

"Yes, Eric."

Pam smirked once they were alone, "So what will us girls be doing?"

            ______

          Eira actually ended up having fun. She danced in the middle of the crowd, twirling herself around while Pam sat on the throne in the absence of Eric. Once she took a break, she went to the bar to get a drink of water. Pam appeared.

         "If you keep that up, every vampire is going to have you as a meal before Eric even returns," Pam said with her hands on her hips.

           "I thought you were supposed to watch over me?"

        "There's only so much I can do, sweetheart," Pam stated. "Some of these vampires are older than me."