Chapter 27: Sketches

3rd person POV:

(Tuesday) Gwen was performing with the band, and Miles was working on some of his artwork.

As Gwen went to the bathroom after the song, Miles decided to walk up to MJ. MJ notices it, and says "Ah, Her lover-boy. What's the issue?" Miles blushes furiously as he holds his hands up in innocence. "We're not dating" he says "Just friends" MJ gives him a side eye as she prepares for the next song. "Mhm...... So what's the issue?" Miles fidgets with his fingers as he says "So.... I just wanna ask... when's her birthday?" MJ raises an eyebrow to the question. "Gwen's?" Miles gives her a nod in response. "Oh... in a couple days.... October 12th" (Not her actual birthday btw.) She answered. "Why?" she asked. Miles, still fidgeting his fingers, say "Well.... She's been such a good friend to me.... And I wanted to thank her for it." "How sweet" MJ says. "Ms. Stacy would love that" Gwen walks in. "Love what?" MJ opens her mouth to answer, but to Miles's surprise, decides against it. "Would love to finish the song after being in the toilet for so long." MJ acts stern. "What took you so long?" Gwen looks at her, perplexed. MJ laughs, that's when Gwen just facepalms. MJ with her jokes.

(Not entirely related but here's Spider-Gwen having ice cream with MJ.)

-Time skip

Miles pulls MJ to the side as the practice ends. "Why'd you save me?" Miles asks in confusion. MJ laughs. "You both are so precious" She laughed as she said. It just makes Miles more confused, which made her laugh more. "You mean a lot to Gwen, of course I didn't want to ruin the surprise. I might bully her a lot but she's still my friend." She finished. "I mean a lot to her?" Miles said in surprise. MJ facepalmed, an amused smile lining her face. "Yes you do, silly," She said, barely containing her laughter. "Just remember to make the surprise good if I'm keeping it a secret. And treat her well." She said, "I will make the surprise good, and what?" Miles continues to be confused as he hears the final line. "Nothing" MJ says, as she winks at him, before departing.

Perplexed, Miles just stands there for a few seconds. But he decides he'll think about it later. He packs his stuff, to see Gwen waiting for him in the entrance. "C'mon Spider-boy" She said to him. Miles just laughed at the comment. "It's Spider-Man to you, ma'am," Gwen chuckles. Miles with his little jokes. "We'll see about that. See you at the canteen?" Miles nods, and they depart.

-Time skip

Miles arrives, as always, earlier to the canteen. Miles looks around at the place. He can never get over how big the place is, honestly not even just the canteen, but the whole school honestly. He gathers his food, and sits at the table he regularly goes to. It's kind of like him and Gwen's table. Since it's super old, people don't like it. Sometimes his friends like Ganke would join him, but they're always somewhere else or busy, like with Ganke who has a STEM club. Miles hasn't got the confidence to join Gwen's group yet. They seem so..... Social and loud. Not too much of his thing. Though eventually, he still has to go to them, as he has promised Gwen he would join them at some point. He looks around for Gwen to show up, but with Gwen still not being around, he pulls out his sketchbook. And continues on his drawing.... Of Gwen. It was his 4th, each time after Gwen takes a new look. So this time for Miles it was the most recent one, her in the Spider-Woman suit with the mask being blown off.

As he added his final sketches and colors, he was shocked to suddenly see Gwen show up beside him. "Whatcha doin?" She asked. Miles tries to hide his drawings, but Gwen was quicker. She snatched the book from Miles, who desperately tries to take it from her, but Gwen gracefully dodges his attempts. After a bit, Miles reluctantly gives up, and sighs as Gwen looks at his latest drawing...... And she gasps. Miles has his hands in his face, so he doesn't see the look of awe on Gwen's face. Gwen's in utter shock at Miles's drawing of her; the drawing of her was so detailed, so precise...... So pretty. If this made off his memory....... does this mean this is now Miles sees her?

Butterflies form in her heart subconsciously at the thought. "Miles, can I have this?" she asks the boy. Miles smiles at her awkwardly. "Sure, do you like it?" He asks. "No," She answers. Miles's face droops at the words. Gwen uses her finger to point his chin up. "I love it," She finished. Relief pours on Miles's face at the comment, as well as the positive vibe returning to him. He watches as Gwen continues to inspect it. "It's beautiful..." Gwen says to herself. Hearing that, Miles looks away, embarrassed by her praise. But as he looks away, a light bulb forms in his head, as well as a plan. He smiles, knowing what he's gonna do next.                                                                                               

There we go! Not the longest chapter but I've been sick recently so ye. But at the same time it's not stopping me from posting content so let's go. And for the people that want it, finally here's some more cute interactions/content. Wonder what Miles is planning though?