Chapter 43: cálmate

3rd person POV:

(Back to the rooftop):

The two sit there, looking at the view ahead of them, but now with Gwen leaning onto Miles, with Miles's arm around her. As Gwen tries to lean in for another kiss, they're disrupted by a phone ringing. It's Miles's phone. "Hello?" He says into the phone. Gwen could make out the voice of a woman speaking in a strong Spanish accent. Miles nods a few times, before the call finishes. "Um...." Miles says, slowly turning to Gwen "I need to go. My parents are calling me, they still wanna celebrate my birthday," he says to Gwen. The girl is a bit sad, but she understands. "Then go to your parents. We can do this next time again" But Miles looks on guiltily. "I can tell them I'm still at the concert and can't get out... It's fine..... I wanna spend time with you." He said. Gwen's very happy to hear this, but she doesn't wanna make him spend less time with his parents for her. There's always next time. "It's fine. Just go." Miles seems reluctant though. "But-" Gwen cuts him off. "No buts, Morales. Go. I'll see you tomorrow at school. Or you get no kisses from me. Go spend time with your parents" Miles seems surprised at her stubbornness, but eventually obliges. "Ok, Jeez. See you tomorrow.... Gwanda..." He teases, as he uses grapples to swing to a nearby building (No time or space to try his new gear yet.). As he swings away, Gwen looks on, and she leans against a pillar as she hugs herself, and whispers to herself "Cherish your time with your parents Miles..... You never know when's the last time you see them ...."

-Time skip

(The next day, after school)

(Band practice)

Miles walks in, as they're still performing another song. Miles sits there, and just stares at Gwen as he thinks about the events of last night. He hasn't seen much of Gwen throughout the school day, and since he had a test to do, he didn't have much time to see her during break either. He stares off at Gwen, who lightly waves at him as she continues on the drums. As the song ends, the band takes a rest. Gwen walks over to Miles, and gives him a hug. MJ just smiles, though she doesn't know what's going on yet. The two suddenly break apart as MJ squeals in happiness. "What's wrong MJ?" Gwen asks, strolling over to the red-head girl. MJ says something quietly into Gwen's ear, to which Gwen yells "WHAT?!" and MJ nods, before showing her phone to the whole band. The girls celebrate, and Gwen suddenly runs over and kisses Miles in joy, to the surprise of both him and the band, who look on at the scene in shock. As they break apart, Miles points at the looks of the three surprised girls behind them, and Gwen's eyes widen. "Oops....." she says, and MJ's mouth just gaps open. MJ walks over, and sticks a finger at Gwen's chest. "Explain" She says sternly to Gwen, who laughs nervously and rubs her hand through her hair in the process.

-Time skip

"And that's what happened..." Gwen trails off. She and Miles had to make up a different story off the fly since they can't tell the three they just happened to be superheroes that can walk on walls and take down buildings if they wanted to; and they just made up a story of themselves kissing in an alley behind the building. "And you didn't tell me right away?" MJ glared at Gwen, who chuckled nervously. "I uhh... planned to," She said, "Oh so by the way we won the competition Miles!" She said excitedly to Miles, also trying to change the topic. "Wooooo!" MJ celebrated. "Can we please end training early to celebrate?" Betty whined, to MJ's disappointment, who was a workaholic most of the time. But she sighed, and said "fine, just this one time," She says, but then signals for Miles and Gwen to go to her. "You," She points at Miles, to his surprise. "Better treat Gwen well or I'll kill you," She says to Miles. "Sure....." He replies. "No go have fun," MJ waves them off, to Gwen's laughter. "Sorry she's like this," She says to Miles as they head out of the music building. "That's fine," He replies, and the two walk on for a bit. "Wanna go on for a swing?" She says. Miles turns in surprise, but nods. "See you here in ten," He says, as they run off in different directions.

-Time skip

The two swing through the city, Gwen slowly teaching Miles the ways to swing properly

The two swing through the city, Gwen slowly teaching Miles the ways to swing properly. She laughs as Miles yet again hits a wall, and grumbles as he swings off again. "Takes time to get used to huh?" She laughs "hurry up, slowpoke!" She teases as she swings. Miles grumbles something in frustration, before swinging to chase. After a while, Gwen looks back to realize Miles is missing. "Miles?" She calls as she swings to a wall. "Miles!" She yells. As she prepares to look for him, she's suddenly tackled by someone..... But she doesn't see anyone. She struggles, but she's barely able to hold off the invisible force with the stronger grip. "What the?" She says, as she's slammed onto the roof of a nearby building. "What...?" She yells as a hand holds her down and she laughs as it... tickles her? "Stop... stop.... What the..." She trials off as an audible 'POP' fills the air and it's.... Miles?

"Gotcha" he teases, as Gwen scowls at him

"Gotcha" he teases, as Gwen scowls at him. "What... how..." She stammers, as Miles laughs. "Invisibility..." He answers, as Gwen looks on in amazement. "Not fair!" She says, crossing her arms and looking away. "Hey don't be mad, mi amor, cálmate" (Idk Spanish, I google translate shit. If any of this is wrong please educate me.) Miles says, sitting down on the roof with her. Gwen's eyes widened. Though she knew Miles could speak Spanish, he's never said it much around Miles, and to her embarrassment, she couldn't help but find it.... Attractive when he says it. "Gwen?" he turns her face around to see it slightly blush pink, before slowly understanding it. "So you like it when I say it in Spanish huh?" "St-stop" Gwen replies, embarrassed at the comment and at herself.

But Miles's teasing comes to a atop as they hear police sirens a few blocks away. Gwen sighs in relief. Saved by the sirens. The two put their masks on, and prepare to swing. Gwen looks at Miles, who's preparing his web-shooters

"Welcome to crime fighting, Spider-Man." 

Well here we go! What's Miles and and Gwen's next adventure? What did Gwen mean earlier on the rooftop? (You can guess which one, there's two scenes on rooftops on here.) 

Also, for anyone that's concerned that it is, the book ISN'T ending here. My plan WAS NOT to stop at them dating, I've got a like one or two filler chapters then slightly important event, then I'm moving onto this big many chapters arc where there'll be lots of action, but still a good amount of Gwen and Miles moments. But that coming arc will be very spider-action based, and expect it coming out potentially next week.