Chapter 58: Canon event....

3rd person POV:

"To be honest Miles, quite the contrary."

Miguel says, and Miles turns, eyes widening as he matches Miguel's look. "What do you mean?" Gwen asked, taking the words out of Miles's mouth. "Miles....." Miguel trailed off, signaling to Lyla, who summoned some data charts and graphs, and videos of Miles battling. "He's very special," Lyla said, looking at some power chart or something, for a while, then finally looking back at the two teenagers. "Wait...." Miles said "Am I a spider totem?" Miles asked excitedly. "Nope," Lyla answered bluntly. There have never been two totems in the same universe. Even two that are totems on neighboring universes or worlds is extremely rare. "Oh....." Miles trailed off, clearly disappointed. A smile reappeared on his face when Gwen laced her fingers into his and gave him a reassuring smile. "But," Lyla said, and the two looked back at the glowing girl. "Miles is a very special spider...... one I almost don't think we've ever seen before...." Miles raised his eyebrows, and Lyla continued on. "Miles.... his projected power levels are the same- no maybe even stronger- well for now we'll say potentially just as strong.... as a spider totem...." "Wait so you're saying-" Miles started, and Miguel said "you're possibly one of the strongest here" he nodded at Miles, who wore a look of shock, confusion and also eagerness.

"That's...... So cool!" Miles finally exclaimed. "You're incredibly unique," Miguel says. "You have powers with incredible potential.... But obviously that potential has to be reached." Miles raises an eyebrow, not understanding what he meant. "Huh?" "So" Miguel explains, "You have all these powers, but you're far from your most powerful form. You're a young teenager, a rookie Spider-Man, and it'll definitely take time for you to master your powers." Miles slowly nodded. "Ok....." He responded. Gwen pulled him into a hug. The information clearly was a lot for him to take, knowing Miles as a guy who despite his goofiness as Spider-Man, wasn't a fan of the spotlight. "So you're as strong as me huh?" She said to Miles, and then punched his shoulder teasingly.

 "So you're as strong as me huh?" She said to Miles, and then punched his shoulder teasingly

-Time skip

"Cool!" Miles said as he flipped through the files. "Spider-T-Rex?" He laughed out loud, talking to no one in particular. The two teenagers had now joined the rest of the Spider-people in the lobby, with Miles messing around with a tablet from the computer room, while Gwen chatted away with Jessica Drew and other Spider-women in the room.

All of a sudden, alarms ring in the Spider-society. Miles quickly stuffed the ipad away, then started running, just to realize he doesn't know what to do. He turned to Miguel, who he noticed who was frantically typing something on some screens, and all of a sudden the alarms went off and Miguel sighed before continuing to type on his screen, with less apparent urgency. Everyone around them settled back down and returned to what they were doing previously. Miles, curious, walks over to Miguel. "What happened there?" he asked. Miguel, not looking from his screens, said "Important stuff." "Do I get to know?" Miles asked. Miguel shrugged, still typing on the screens. "Sure. It was a canon event alarm." Miles took a second to try to think if he understood that, and he asked "A what now?" Miguel finally stopped typing. With a wave of his hand the screen disappeared and he turned to Miles. "A canon event. We have an alarm for those." Looking at Miles's perplexed face, he continued. "A canon event is an event that is almost set in stone in time, and it happens all over the multiverse." Miles suddenly jumped as Gwen appeared behind him, hugging him. He smiled at the realization that it was her, and beckoned for Miguel to continue. "Canon events are events that overlap universes, and they happen to every being.... Well spider-being in the universe." Gwen piped up "Why specifically us? As spider-people?"

"It's because we're the only people overlapping in the multiverse, (Only in my story, I know that's not true in actual Marvel Canon.) Every universe has a spider-person, and despite our differences, we are overlapping characters in universes. The only ones. And certain events happen to us to ensure we become spider-people. There are occasional exceptions, like the canon event changing, but it still is there. For example, spider-people being bitten by a spider." (Ironic that Miguel mentioned spider bites huh.) "ohhhh... that's what that was?" Miles asked. Miguel nodded. "Oh! Did you discover a new Spider-person?" Gwen asked. "Did someone just get bitten or something?" Miguel suddenly shifts uncomfortably. "Well.... No. Like I said there are a few canon events for every spider-person." "So which one was it?" Miles continued. "Uh..... Well- Someone's gonna die." Miles's eyes widened. "Wait what?!" Miguel nodded. "Someone's gonna die soon. And it's gonna happen soon and it'll be related to the spider-person." Miles grabbed Gwen's hands tightly for comfort as he pressed on. "So.... someone close to us dying-" Miguel nodded. "Yes. It's a canon event....... Every spider-person loses someone close to them on their path to be spider-people...."

                                                         (Lol, canon event meme)

Miles felt his eyes water as he realized what that meant. "So my uncle-" Miles watched Miguel's head droop and a quiet "Yes." Come from the man. Miles felt a surge of rage go through him, and rushed over and punched Miguel to the wall, who looked on in surprise (Ha no Spidey-sense.) Miles wanted to go forward, but he was held by- He looked up to see Spider-noir and Peter B. Parker. "Let him explain." Peter B. calmly said. Miles felt rage continue to surge in his body, but then he looked at Gwen. Her scared look calmed her down, and Miles finally agreed to not attack Miguel. Miguel stood up, nursing his bruised cheek. "I understand why you'll react like this. And yes we know when people close to spider-people would die." Miles felt his rage return, but he restrained from attacking the man in front of him. "Then why don't you stop them from happening?" he yelled. "WHY?" Miguel sighed. "I wish it was that easy kid." Miles turned to hear the voice of Peter B. Parker who just said that. "But..... we can't save everyone. We try to but..... We can't" Miguel continued to nurse his hurt face cheek. "Yup. You need to understand Miles.... We know when the event will happen..... But we never know who it is. We pinpoint a certain time.... A month maybe, where it'll happen. But where? What time? To whom? We don't know. We just know....... Someone has to die."

________________________________________________________________________________

Writer's note: 

-So basically I kinda modified how a canon event happens, just to make the plot more flexible. I made it so like they don't know exactly how it happens, and like how it's not set in stone how and when it happens specially to spider-people.  More will be explained next chapter. This is also made so Miguel doesn't seem such a dick. (Is he wrong to stop Miles though? I love Miles and his story in the movie but I also agree with Miguel in the movie..... I'm not sure. Just hope the next movie comes out soon so we can see this unfold.)  And ye, chime in next chapter for the rest of the canon-event stuff.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hiya! I'm back people! Sorry for the wait. School started again, and it's time for me to like do school stuff again. It's great to be writing again, and I know people have been waiting for this new chapter, so here it is lol. Yes, I've delved into canon-events stuff, and it'll definitely affect the story later on. Like not too much, but it factors in to some extent.  

So ye, I'm back, and tune in next chapter for the rest of the canon event stuff.  I know this might be a bit boring now, maybe, and there's less Gwen and Miles stuff (Tho I do try to sprinkle some in.), and no action, but trust me more will come very soon. 

One little question...... Note that whatever the answer is, I still need to consider how I do this, so don't expect anything. But how would ya'll feel if I were to add the movie Miles and Gwen aka. Earth-1610 and Eath-65 Miles and Gwen to the story? Just curious what you guys think for that.