Chapter 57: Spider... what?

3rd person POV:

"Wow" Miles says as he, Gwen, and Miguel emerge from the big lobby of spider-people. Miguel was leading them all the way towards the central computer, with many introductions being taken along the way. Miles looked around and saw more spier-people along the way- on the walls, on the ceiling, in other rooms, and there were tons of them. Miles tried to count at first, but he gave up eventually with the amount there was. Miles found specific spider-people very interesting and fun to talk to. "Never thought there were this many Spider-men," Gwen finally said, and miles dragged his head from the clouds. "Yes, and so many.... Unique versions," Miles commented. Miguel chuckled. "You're right. But this is just the accumulation of.. The Multiverse. Every version has a Spider-Man, or Spider-woman, or Spider-wolf, Spider- you know what nevermind. Best way to put it is that every universe has a Spider-person, each slightly different depending on the universe. Some are very alike, some are completely different and have different abilities and..... Talents. Ah, we're here." Miguel says and the two teenagers look on at a big room with lots of computers. Miles looked around, and saw some faces he recognized going through the room themselves.

Peter B. Parker was messing around with his daughter Mayday, Hobie was talking with Spider-Noir with Spider-Ham on his shoulder, and the girl Miles recognized as Peni was typing on the computers. Miguel signaled for the two to follow him, and Miguel got to the middle of the room, and he suddenly summoned some screens and was typing stuff on them. He started typing some stuff into the screens, and the two teenagers saw videos of themselves in action in those clips, and the two stood there quietly until Miguel finally turned to them, and their watches simultaneously glowed orange and made a 'BEEP' sound. "Welcome to Spider-Society, newest members, Miles Morales, Earth-42, Gwen Stacy, Earth-42" said a mechanical voice came from the computer in the room. 

"Wow" Miles said, who started randomly tapping on the watch, but then stopped and looked at it confused, being unable to watch it, to Gwen and Miguel's amusement

"Wow" Miles said, who started randomly tapping on the watch, but then stopped and looked at it confused, being unable to watch it, to Gwen and Miguel's amusement. "You guys now have the ability to dimensional travel," Miguel said, and he started explaining how the watches worked. "So why bring us here? And give us this?" Gwen asked. Miguel looked at Peter B. Parker, and then looked back at the couple. "We thought you guys were very talented individuals, and you guys are a very special case of spider-people in the multiverse, plus.... Due to previous experiences we decided it's better to educate people about the multiverse. Wouldn't you agree, Parker?" All the Peter Parker's in the room looked at Miguel, and he facepalmed. "Not again. Peter Parker." No one moved. "PETER B. PARKER! THE ONE WITH THE BABY!" A small "ohhh" went through the room as many spider-people went back to their work. Peter B. Parker nodded, responding to the question earlier. "So yes, that's why," Miguel answered. "What do you mean,,,,, special case?" Miles asked. "You two are incredibly special..... Most universes don't have two spider-people... plus both of you have incredible abilities. Gwen....." Miguel trailed off. "What about her?" Miles asked in concern.

"She's

"She's.... A spider-totem" Gwen raised her eyebrows. "Spider-what now?"  Miguel repeated "A Spider-totem", and Lyla suddenly appeared, shocking the two teenagers again, to Miguel's amusement. "Spider-totems are special spider-people in universes, who based on luck or destiny, make your pick, are supposed to be some of the strongest spider-people in the universe..... And they can take up different forms. Yours is a special case though..... " Lyla also trailed off. "So there's one in every universe?" Miles asked, but Miguel nodded to answer no, and gestured for Lyla to continue. "Spider-totems are very special, and honestly quite rare. It happens in every.... I don't know how many universes. There's no pattern, What it means is that she is very rare and extremely special. We've only got like a few in the Spider-Society, despite the amount of people here. Spider-totems are directly connected to the Web of Life, to the multiverse in a way that is special and closer than any other spiders, in some way connected to what we believe as the Spider-gods," Lyla explained. "Spider-gods?" Gwen asked. Miguel nodded in confirmation. "I've met them. Only a few of us have. Back when I started Spider-Society.... When we faced this massive threat. We were pulled into the Web of Life and we met them.... This is how we understand, and another big reason why we needed you here. In case of other universal threats, we need as many Spider-totems as possible." Miles faked sulking in the corner and said "So you only needed her? I'm not needed?" Miguel turned and chuckled at Miles's antics.

"To be honest Miles, quite the contrary."

________________________________________________________________________________

Basically I wanna talk about the stuff about Spider-totems, any person that does pay attention to like Marvel stuff knows I'm wrong about Spider-totems, Spider-gods and stuff, but in my story I've made it different to have a unique storyline. I made it like this to specifically make certain characters like this.....If you're interested in how they actually work, here's a helpful website:   

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Totems 

(Just copy and paste it to use the link cuz I don't think it works on this platform.)

Here we go! I'm back with the chapters! It's been a while to be honest, and honesty I'm ready to post more again, and over my mini break I've gotten more ideas about how to write this arc, whereas previously I had the idea but really didn't know how to execute it. So be prepared for more chapters coming out soon, I'm back! 

What did Lyla mean Gwen's was a specials case? And what did Miguel mean about Miles?