Chapter 34: Crush

3rd person POV:

"MJ, make me the main singer for our other song on competition day"

"What?"

The voice on the other side of the call was MJ. And she was really surprised. "Why?" She asked Gwen. Gwen just calmly replied "I'll tell you during the band tomorrow"

-Time skip (Band practice after school the next day)

(This is the closest Gwen and MJ interaction I can find that suits this. Cuz this just has MJ smugly looking at Gwen. Perfect for the chapter ahead.)

As the 4 unpacked their stuff, MJ walked over to Gwen, leaning on a music stand, and purposely said loudly "So Gwen, why'd you want to sing during the performance?" Cindy and Betty quickly turned around in surprise. Gwen facepalmed. She wanted to explain it her way, but thanks to MJ she's now put on the spot and had to explain. "So...." Gwen started, with the full attention of all 3 of her bandmates. "Yesterday I went to put some supplies at the office, and I decided to ask Ms. Diana for Miles's birthday..." MJ looked confused, but just said "continue?" Gwen shifted her feet uncomfortably as she knew the coming words would gather a response from MJ she really wouldn't like, while she would also have to explain things to Betty and Cindy. "So his birthday is on November 15th" She finished. Cindy and MJ just shared a look as MJ said "awww" and Gwen just blushed and looked away. MJ understood perfectly. The second song is (It's a secret guys, you'll find out when this happens) and to sing it on Miles's birthday, would really be a treat. But now, the hard part for Gwen. To explain it to the other two.

She signaled for Cindy and Betty to come over, and said "So I'm doing this.... Since I like Miles. Like, I have feelings for him" She clarified. There was a gasp from Betty, while Cindy just looked..... Unfazed. "Oh my god!" Betty said, grabbing Gwen's arms "You have a crushhhh" She sang in a sing song voice, to Gwen's annoyance. Cindy just looked on and said "about time" Gwen raised an eyebrow at her, and Cindy just sighed and said "I am roommates with you. Do you realize how much you talk to Miles? And about him? Also since I'm your roommate I know whenever you're out with him. Which is like 90 percent of nights" Gwen was shocked, but she was speechless. To her embarrassment, she realized all the points Cindy brought up were true. She did talk to Miles a lot. She did talk about him a lot. And she couldn't help but think about all the nights they went out before curfew, sometimes even getting past it. Sometimes it would be in the moonlight, next to the football field and next to the bleachers, just talking about random stuff in the grass. Sometimes, it would be in the library, where both would snuggle in comfortable beanbags and read in silence; just having Miles there made reading better for her. And as of recently, the two would sneak out of campus to have some spider-action, taking down crooks or just having fun.

"But I still don't get the connection" Betty wonders aloud, looking at Gwen. Gwen laughs. For someone as smart as Betty, she also has her stupid moments. "His birthday is on the 15th..... The same day as our concert. And what song is our second?" Gwen asks Betty. Betty thought about it for a second, then her eyes opened in realization. "Ohhhhh! That is actually so sweet of you" Gwen laughed, running her hand through her hair in embarrassment. Then she stopped as she realized she was doing that quite often as of recently.... Just like a certain someone likes to do all the time... when he is embarrassed or nervous. Cindy just gave her a knowing smile, since she already understood it. "Mhm" The 3 turned around to the sound of MJ, as she caught their attention. "Now that we've got that settled... let's go practice"

-Time skip (Friday night, after school)

Gwen POV:

I arrived home. I'm so tired. Thank god I finished my homework for the weekend in class. After taking a shower, I head off to my room, to my sewing machine.... And the supplies I got last week. Thank god Miles had to go out with his grandparents for the weekend. I mean I always wanna see him, but I wouldn't have enough time to work on this if I had to hang out with him..... I don't think I could reject him if he offered to hang out...... I'm not sure honestly. I shake my head as I realize I'm going off course again. It's always Miles. Always him. He's always in my head.... Always distracting me like a pesky bug.... Except I like him. Ugh. Focus on your work Gwendolyn. I take the fabrics off the top of the shelf, as well as the old metal materials, and lay them on the table next to my sewing machine and my dad's toolbox.

I smiled to myself. "It's time to go to work" 

So.... there's chapter 34! Gwen is... singing for Miles. That's crazy. Also does anyone have a problem with the time skips? I sometimes feel like I'm overdoing them. Ya'll tell me idk.

And.... What is Gwen planning in her room? What is she making? How will Miles react later on? Find out in the next few chapters!