Chapter 32

Daily mail: Monaco's newest resident seems to be enjoying the night life of her new city.

Two months later:

FLORENCES'S POV:

There was a moment I was convinced nothing would be ready. Dinner, decorations, making sure the final boxes were moved out. As I spun around the room, I think Charles and I may have pulled it off. My new place was complete and ready for an early Christmas dinner. Charles was driving my dad in from the airport, and his family would be arriving in an hour.

My body fell onto the couch, and I reminded myself to try and destress. For no one being here yet, my blood pressure was far too high. My eyes scanned to each corner of room, and I was still processing I didn't live in Italy anymore.

The week after Charles left my address was leaked to the public. We weren't quite sure by who, but I had a damn good idea. At the start, it was challenging enough dealing with a the constant door bell ringing and crowds in the neighborhood of media and fans. Then when two attempts were made to break into my apartment, it was time to move.

While looking for new places around Milan, I stayed at a rental where I had more of the same problem. A journalist would catch me going to my home, then very loyal Ferrari fans would be waiting for any sighting possible. I had become Italy's golden child and I hated it.

I debated other places in Italy but only had so many cities on my list that I was interested. The decision was I would run into the same problems. Then Monaco was brought up to everyone's attention. Close to Italy for training camps either in Monaco or Italy, the locals were used to the fame of the drivers, leaving them alone minus the occasional picture, and I had a life there. New friends, plenty of tennis opportunities, and Charles of course.

There were two things that were in the front of my mind during the transition period. One, how would my dad handle the moving information. Two, would I get my own place or move in with Charles?

I handled where to live before my dad was made aware I was moving. While it felt silly for two people who are always away from home to have separate places, I decided I should have my own place for a year. Then if I wanted to stay in Monaco, Charles already offered that I move in or we find a new place together.

My apartment felt like a rocks throw from Charles house, just 2 streets over from my new place. I was virtually neighbors with Alex Albon as well, living in the same building. As a welcome gift, Charles got me a road bike for traveling around Monaco. It had become my main sort of transportation already and I adored my bike.

As for my dad, he handled the news better than expected. He knew I was frustrated the last few months with the invasion of privacy, so he understood my decision to move. I was happy we sorted out me getting an apartment before we talked to my dad, because when Charles and I told him at a dinner it Italy, he wasn't shy about his disapproval. While he was getting worked up, I told him I had my own place and his mood calmed on the spot. Surprisingly he seemed to understand the safe haven Monaco could provide. He also had a close friend run the Monaco club courts as their pro. I had someone to train with that dad trusted when we weren't training together.

For Charles and I, it all felt wonderful but very foreign to us. I had spent the last few months attending a few more races, and now we had officially both been on off season for 3 weeks. We had been busy with moving me to Monaco the last ten days, but the dynamic had already shifted. On top of having uninterrupted time, we were living in the same place. No one coordinating who is going where, but hoping on a bike and showing up.

While it was being very much enjoyed, it was an adjustment that both of us were getting used to.
In some ways it made everything feel more normal and casual. We were no longer having to plan to see one another, but we could be a part of each others regular day bringing on a new dynamic that we both mutually liked. Our relationship was now something that could intertwine with our personal day to day lives. It also made things seem far more serious, at least for me. Charles and parts of his world were officially part of mine, day in and day out, and vice versa.