Chapter 41

TMZ: Florence Bonsee spotted in Monaco during Bahrain Grand Prix

TMZ: Florence Bonsee spotted in Monaco during Bahrain Grand Prix. Speculation has been surrounding Charles and Florence after two months of no sightings together. Her absence from Bahrain looks to confirm split.

ESPN: Charles Leclerc driving unhinged leading up to Sunday's race

ESPN: Charles Leclerc driving unhinged leading up to Sunday's race. Breaks front wing in practice and crashes out in Q2. What will the Monegasque driver do with disappointing p15 start.

CHARLES POV:

I was in the hallway near my hotel door. It was early in the night but I excused myself from dinner to go spend the rest of the evening in my room.

I almost had a clean break when I scanned my key to the door, but I heard a yell come down from the hallway.

"Oi imbécile, attendez [hold up moron]." Pierre was at the end of the hall storming up. It's when I saw Max come behind that I knew it was a conversation I wanted to avoid with both of them.

I stepped through the door trying to push it shut, the resistance not playing to my favor when I saw Pierre shove his foot in the crack.

"C'est dommage. Je suppose que tu devras me parler [that's too bad, guess you'll have to talk to me].

I didn't say anything but gave in stepping away from the door and moving to the couch. Pierre and Max made their way in and they didn't look happy but neither did I.

"Je ne suis pas d'humeur [I'm not in the mood]," I mumbled from the couch crossing my arms.

Max and Pierre sat in the couch across from me. "Well nothing sounds humorous and I can't speak fucking French so cut it out," Max said challenging me.

"Snap out of it Charles we are going to stay whether you like it or not," Pierre added.

"Bien." Max glared at me so I finally caved. "Fine," I said again staring him down.

Pierre cleared his throat breaking the staring contest going on between Max and myself. "What the hell Charles. We haven't seen you in two months, you have avoided everyone all weekend, and you're driving like a pissed off teenager that's annoying the entire grid."