Chapter 50

*edits to come later tonight, but I wanted to get this chapter out!

FLORENCE'S POV:

When we pulled back up to the yacht, we were cutting it pretty close to the planned dinner and game night. It was one of the official requests from Kelly and Max so we didn't want to be late.

We had pushed it pretty close talking in the natural pool after many shared kisses. We discussed what this meant, how we would approach conflicts in our relationship this time, especially things that were out of our control cause that was our main problem. Then it left the question of are we back together, and both of us agreed we wanted it more than words.

Then we just enjoyed being able to talk to each other for an hour as the sunset. Catching up, sharing things that had happened. He explained how racing has been, why he started and ended things with Rachel, and his last adventures in Monaco. I told him about my visit with my dad and what it meant to me that he went to see him. By the time we checked back into reality, we realized it was almost dark.

Charles and I decided we would let the group know we were back together when the moment presented itself. We didn't want to get back and sing out to everyone as soon as we got there. Besides, when we got back on the boat everyone seemed to be in their rooms getting ready.

We slipped into our room and shared a shower like we used to on trips. While he was talking, I was busy admiring his back while I ran the soap over his shoulders.

"Florence, can I borrow one of your coverups," Laurie's voice came through ripping me out of my daze.

Charles turned eyes wide to me. "What do we do,"he whispered.

"Get behind me, she might come in here?"

"Florence?" She yelled again, her voice a little louder this time. "Are you talking to yourself in the shower again."

My cheeks were bright red and I cleared my throat yelling back. "Of course to both of your questions," I yelled back. My voice was steadier than expected. "They are in the second drawer."

She yelled out a thanks. I was close to laughing and Charles reached his hand out to cover my mouth. After a few moments of silence Charles let his hand drop thinking we were in the clear.

Sheesh, I began to let out. My eyes were still on the door but I let myself relax.

"Is this one okay," Laurie's voice returned. I watched in terror as the door began to move open to the bathroom. Charles quickly cussed behind me and did his best to situate himself so I was fully blocking him, but I could feel the presence of him towering over me still.

"Sure is," I let out with a squeak hoping Laurie would be too distracted to notice. She emerged through the door holding the white cover up in front of her.

"Thanks, why are you being so... oh. Oh!" She yelled out as her eyes landed on the glass shower. She spun on her heel quickly facing the other way and her feet carried her to the doorway of the bathroom.

"Laurie, I."

"You dirty dogs," she giggled.

"I'll find you in your room," I yelled out after her. We could still hear her giggles fading away.

"Take your time," she yelled playfully back.

When I turned around Charles hand was in his hair. "You and Laurie. No such thing as privacy," he groaned.

"Move over, I gotta go talk to her," I let out a giggle pushing on his chest. Charles stepped away from the falling water as he chuckled to himself.

"I'm sorry," I smiled back as I quickly rinsed.