Chapter 46

FLORENCE'S POV:

Kelly was beyond excited as she pulled me up into the yacht. I could tell by her expression and energy that she was in the best mood. How could she not be, it was her joint bachelor and bachelorette weekend.

Max and Kelly had the brilliant idea of renting the nicest yacht I had ever seen, and they were hosting everyone for a 9 day trip to Malta. We would have 4 days at sea there and back. Then 5 days to enjoy being at the little country just south of Italy. Personally, I was quite excited because it's where they filmed for Count of Monte Cristo and I could visit all the beautiful spots. Plus a week at sea with some of my favorite people sounded exciting.

The guys had just gotten back from Canada and had two weeks before Silverstone and the bulky European schedule to follow. I would be headed to Wimbledon in two weeks. Everyone seemed to understand this was the last bit of relaxation for
a couple of months until the summer break.

Kelly toured me through the boat if you could call it that. From what I knew, around 20 people were going to be on the trip and Kelly showed me room after room naming who was where. Her and Max, George and Carmen, Daniel and Heidi, Kika and Pierre, Lando and Laurie which I was personally excited about. This was going to be their first official trip and I was ecstatic for them. The list could go on and on, then we got to the end of the hall.

"And for the single pringle who is the love of my life... don't tell Max. A room all to yourself," Kelly said opening the door. I chuckled as I peaked in, I kinda felt like Harry Potter in a closet but I didn't mind. The room was tiny with two small circular windows poking through what looked like queen size bunk beds. To the right I could see a door with a decent sized bathroom.

"This is perfect," I said stepping in and throwing my bag on the lower bed. "One for my luggage and one for me."

Kelly offered to help me unpack and I opened my bag to start putting a few clothes in drawers. When I opened the first drawer I was surprised to see clothes already put in. Some swim trunks, socks, and boxers were already taking up the space.

"Huh, is someone already in here?" I asked looking at Kelly.

"I don't think so," she responded opening the closet door. She didn't hang my things right away and instead pulled out an empty bag. I put my things back on the bed not wanting to disturb the room. Kelly ran to the doorframe and leaned out into the hall. "MAX!" She yelled loudly. It was a few moments I could hear his voice getting louder, he was clearly talking to someone.

"Max, who did you put in Florence's room?" Kelly said quickly when he was in the doorframe.

"This isn't her room, she should have the next one over," Max replied. I just now noticed the flute of champagne in his hand and relaxed demeanor.

Kelly took a deep breath and brought her hand to her hair to slick it back. "Max, darling. There isn't another room."

Max's carefree smile seemed to vanish while I watched them interact. I let myself plop onto the lower bunk being entertained by the interaction.

"Huh, that's gonna be interesting," Max said with nervous laugh. I must have miscounted the rooms when I booked the place."

Kelly glared at him then turned to me. "Florence, have no fear. We are gonna..."

"Are you all having a party in my room without me? I know the bunk beds are pretty cool, but I figured you two would like the master more. I won't judge what you all are into with bunks," the familiar voice came first. Then Charles was standing in the door.

"You're joking," I whispered realizing the situation. Kelly didn't use the word darling very often, and I now understood the reason for it.

"Well isn't this quite épicé [spicy]," Charles said with a smirk.

Kelly scoffed at him. "What are you drunk Charles?"

Charles held up his free hand, the other holding a champagne glass as well. "Un peu [a little]," he said holding his fingers close together. When Kelly glared at him he still seemed unphased. "Sue me I'm on vacation," he laughed.

Kelly let out a sheesh and ran her hand over her face while Max stayed amused with Charles.

"I see a solution here. If I can keep my stuff in here, I'll bunk on the couch. Option two. We are barely going to be in our rooms, I think Florence and I can be mature enough to handle bunk beds. What do you think Flo?" He said finally acknowledging me.

Everyone else's attention came to me too. I was equally annoyed as I was amused by the whole situation. I played into the silence with a long hum. "I think we can handle it. As long as I won't be pissing off any girlfriends."

"No worries there, we broke up," Charles said nonchalantly.

Before I could say anything, Max interrupted me. "Well problem solved. Our singles will have to be together."

"You are drunk," I said looking at Max with a smile.

"What Charles said, sue me it's my bachelor party."

"Fair point," I sighed.

Kelly finally took her hand off her face. "Okay okay, drunk boys go enjoy the deck. We will unpack."

Charles and Max turned at her order and left giving us goodbyes while Kelly plopped next to me.

"I'm so sorry. All you have to do is say the word, I'll make him sleep on the couch," Kelly said next to me.

I shrugged and fell back onto the bed. "We can survive this, but I'll keep that offer on reserve. Plus it's your bachelorette. Who's gonna be sleeping."

Kelly laughed falling next to me. "That's the spirit. It's going to be the best."

"Just don't judge me when I got off on a little adventure in Malta. It can make me forget about my roommate."

"Never."

"You wouldn't dare be setting me up would you?"

Kelly scoffed next to me and laughed. "You know what I think, but don't you dare put that evil on me Florence Bonsee. As for Max and Charles, who knows."

"What do you think," I asked. I think I knew but she had never spoken it in words.

Kelly shifted her head to look at me. "I'd like you to take this comment from one of your dearest friends."

"Of course."

Kelly smiled at me. "You two are the most wonderful people and doomed to be together. Everyone wants it, but you two need to decide on your own."

I smiled back at her. "Noted."

***just a little filler chapter. Who is ready for a yacht trip?