Chapter 1 - neighbours

Adella's pov:

Catalan German

'Okay Ale I'm glad' I said to the woman on the screen.

'Yeah and Ma said you have to come round for dinner the next time your here' the older women said through the phone.

'I will I miss her and Alba' I said. I loved Alexia's family. They had welcomed me with open arms.

'Fuck!' I heard from outside.

'Ale I think someone is outside I'll talk to you soon' I said walking to the door of my small flat.

'Okay I love you bye'

'Love you bye'

The building I lived in was small with only 2 flats to a floor and 23 floors. I lived on the top floor in flat 23b. I knew I was getting a new neighbour and I was very glad. My old one was a bitchy Middle aged women. I open the door to the other flat door wide open and someone I was not expecting.

'Georgia?' I asked. She was carrying a box that looked heavy.

'Adella? What are you doing here?' She asked putting the box down as she approached me. I met her half way and hugged her taking her a bit by surprise.

'Well I live here'

'Yeah they kept me up all night not joking. She cause a lot of trouble' I said sipping the coffee in my hand as Georgia laughed. It was an hour later and I had been roped into helping her bring all her stuff up. I was now telling her story's about my old neighbour in her bare apartment sipping coffee.

'So don't be bringing any people home okay? Or at least give me some warning' I said laughing but her mood changed. She stopped laughing and zoned out staring into her cup.

'Georgia?' I said going to stand in front of the chair she was sat on. She sniffed and then I realised she was crying.

'Oh amore' I said putting my cup down and pulling her into my embrace. I gently stroked her hair and she sniffed before mumbling into my shoulder.

'My boyfriend broke up with me just before I moved' she said. 'He said the distance was to much'
I just hugged her tight neither of us letting go.

                               •

A few days later we were on our way to Italy.

'Ad can you speak any Italian?' Syd asked me. We were on the plane and I sat next to Syd while G and Lina sat opposite us. We had all agreed to speak in English.

'It's a mix of French and Spanish so maybe' I said shrugging.

'I'm shit at languages' G said sighing.

'Me to I can only speak English and German' Lina said.

'Same actually I can speak some Dutch' Syd said.

'Syd knowing how to say hello or thank you doesn't count' I said and they all laughed.

'Okay just because you can speak like 15' she said ruffling my hair.

'How many can you speak again' Lina asked.

'Spanish and Catalan fluent. But also English, German, Portuguese and French quite well' I said. Languages was the only academic thing I was good at.

'How are you so good at languages but so stupid?' Lina asked and my mouth hung open in fake annoyance.

'Oi Ill tell Sarah you said that'