Chapter 6 - pasta night

German      Catalan/ Spanish

23rd September 2022

Adella's pov:

'But what if we never play for Spain again' Ona said.

'We will at some point. We are world class players he won't just cut us forever' Patri said. Me, Ona, Patri and Leila were on call.

'We have to do something the federation has made it seem like we want him fired' I said.

'We sort of do though' Mapi said sticking her head into camera view in Patri's phone.

'Yeah but that sounds unreasonable. We just want change'

I pressed post then shut instagram not wanting to think about it anymore. I might never play for Spain again and I didn't really know how to feel about it. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head, picked up my bag and left the house.

'G let's go!' I yelled banging on the door. It opened and she walked out pulling me straight into a hug. I relaxed into her arms.

'I'm so proud of you' she said into my hair. Tears brimmed my eyes at the statement and I sniffed hiding my face in her neck.

We stood like that for a minute until I pulled away wiping my eyes.

'Come on trouble we don't wanna be later than usual'

@adellaruiz

Liked by @giuliagwinn and 762,628 others

Comments turned off

'G! I have no food' I said stepping into her flat as soon as she opened the door. I fell on her sofa dramatically make her laugh.

'Yeah you do you just don't want to cook!' She said rummaging round in the kitchen. I held my finger up to my mouth.

'Shhhh' I breathed laughing. She ran up to me on the sofa and started tickling me. I laughed trying to push her off.

She stopped and blushed realising the position we were in. She was laying right on top of me her chin on my chest looking up at me. It was cute the way even the tips of her ears were red. Her eyes flicked all over my face, resting on my lips for a second before meeting my eyes.

A few seconds later she cleared her throat getting up.

'Come on trouble I'll call Syd'

Sydney loved cooking. I didn't. This meant that most of my meals were cooked by Syd. G was teaching me a game called Uno in Syd's living room when she burst in.

'We are going to make pasta!' She said excitedly. G frowned.

'We are gonna make the pasta?' G asked and I nodded having known Syd for a while.