Chapter 10 - pushing through

German        Spanish/Catalan

Adella's pov:

'How long will I be out for?' I asked the physio tears in my eyes.

'Not to long maybe like 3 to 4 weeks' she said giving me a sympathetic smile. 'And your going to need crutches for the first few days' she said handing me the 2 sticks.

'Okay thank you so much' I said smiling gratefully at her and I reached for the crutches. She helped me to my feet and my calf hurt as I stood up. At training I had fell over and now had a grade 2 calf strain. I stood next to the bed and hobbled out of the room heading for the canteen.

When I walked in the whole room fell silent. I stood there awkwardly my eyes searching the room for the 1 person I wanted to see. My eyes met hers and she jumped up out of her seat and ran over to me. I dropped my crutches and she pulled me into her arms. She held my tight as I buried my head into the crook of her neck, tears spilling from my eyes. It wasn't that bad of an injury but I was so frustrated at myself for letting it happen. Her hand slipped under the bottom of my training top and rubbed small circles on my lower back.

I sniffed and pulled away wiping my eyes. G slipped her hand into mine and helped me over to the table she was sat at. I sat down next to her and Syd.

'I'm starving' I said trying to lighten the mood.

'Good we have so much food' Syd said and put and arm over my shoulder. I smiled at her thankful for her not bringing up my calf.

For the rest of lunch we chatted normally like nothing had happened and I was grateful for them taking my mind off my leg.

'I swear G if you crash my car I will run you over' I said as she turned the engine on.

'I won't I promise!' She said but I raised my eyebrows unconvinced.

We drove in a comfortable silence for most of the way my mind still wondering on my injury.

'I won't get to come to Barcelona' I said as it dawned on me. I was going to go and see my brother and dad and they were going to come to the game. I was going to go home. To the place I grew up. The place I hadn't been in 3 years. 'I haven't been home in years' I said tears forming in my eyes again. G looked at me sympathetically and reached for me hand lacing our fingers.

'I'm sure you could come with us just not play' she said trying to make the situation I was in better.

'Maybe' I sighed squeezing her hand to say thank you for the support. I gasped when I heard the song that was playing and my face broke into a grin completely forgetting whatever I was just upset about.

'I love this song!'

                               •

'Have you eaten?' Ona asked through the screen as she dished up her own food.

'Actually I'm treating myself and have sushi coming' I said grinning back at her.

'Oooo yum' she said and sat down in front of her TV. Me and her were on face time while we watched the Barça vs Bayern game.

'So have you thought anymore about clubs' I said knowing what the answer would be.

'There is still so much of the season left it's too early to think about that' she said not looking at me. I scoffed.

'Shush Ona me and you both know you have' I said and she rolled her eyes but smiled.

'I have come to love Manchester don't get me wrong but if Barça came knocking I wouldn't hesitate' she said nodding.

'Ons you are such an amazing player and person they will 1000% want you on their team' I said wanting her to believe in herself.

'I hope so. I miss home' she said and I understood what she meant. It was easy to miss the place I loved so much.

'Me too'

                                •

No one's pov:

'So how did you like my home?' Adella asked the blonde walking next to her. Georgia had gotten back from Barcelona only a few hours before both girls decided to go on a walk.

'Well we didn't see much you will have to show me properly one day' Georgia said grinning cheekily at the Spaniard who giggled.

'Oooo someone's confident' Adella teased and Georgia flicked her ear.

'Hey mans a tu mateix!' She laughed holding her ear where Georgia had flicked her. (hands to yourself). Heat flushed up Georgia's neck at the Adella speaking her 1st language loving the way it sounded.

'I have no clue what you are saying' she said regaining herself as the brunette shyly slipped her hand into Georgia's and laced their fingers. They both looked over at the same time and brown eyes met green ones. They stood there transfixed on each other for a minute before a dog barking broke them back onto reality.

'I'll teach you' Adella said and pulled Georgia to start walking again. 'Okay so 'mans' is hands' She said exited about teaching the other women.

'mans' Georgia repeated after her and Adella nodded.

'Yep then 'a' is to' She continued.

'a' Georgia said and Adella giggled at the way she pronounced it.

'Perfect and 'tu mateix' is yourself!' Adella said grinning happily.

'Tu mateix' Georgia said slowly.

'Now say it all together' Adella clapped my hands together excitement talking over her. Gorgia paused for a second admiring the way the Catalonians eyes lit up and the joy that came from her.

'Mans a tu mateix' Geogia finally said and Adella grinned at her.

'And what does it mean?' She asked teasingly.

'Hands to yourself?' Georgia said but it sounded more like a question. Adella punched the air in celebration and kissed Georgia's cheek who blushed again at such a simple act.

'Yes G you will be fluent in no time!'

'Ons what are you doing for Christmas' I asked. She had called me during a gym session and I was running on the treadmill chatting to her.

'I think me and Joan are going to Madrid but I think Emma is coming so I will have to third wheel the whole time' she said and rolled her eyes.

'Sush you love seeing them together' I said smiling at her.

'I'm just happy he's happy' she said smiling. Ona and her brother were so close I had to admit I was a bit jealous of their relationship.

'I don't know what to do for Christmas' I said and I wiped my face with my shirt, still running.

'Well you can always come with us if you want but I think you should go home for a bit' she said seriously.

'I want to go home I just don't know if I'm ready to see my dad like that' I said remembering all think things Matty said about my dads state.

'But you haven't been home in 3 years! I think you should' she said convincingly.

'Okay I'll think about it'

——————————————

10 done + dusted  Ty for readinggg xxx