Chapter 14 - family

German Catalan/Spanish

Adella's pov:

The alarm I had set on my phone blared through the room not at all helping with my headache.

'Make it stopppp' G wined next to me and pulled me closer to her, buriing her face in my neck.

'G my taxi is gonna be here in like 5 minutes' I said softly stroking the hair off her forehead. I managed to get out of her grasp and pull one of her hoodies on not planning to change out of her clothes.

'Where do you keep painkillers?'

'G I have to go now I'll see you soon Yeah' I whispered and she akwardly hugged me still lying down.

'I'll miss you trouble' she mumbled and kissed my forehead.

'I'll miss you too amore'

A few hours later I was sat on a plane my sunglasses covering my eyes. My hangover had gottten better while wondering around the airport. The flight was only around 2 hours and lucky there wasn't anytime difference. My brother would come and pick me up and he said we would go out for lunch and I was starving.

'Addy!' A voice yelled and I followed it to see my brother standing there a missive shit eating grin on his face. He was a bit taller and his eyes had regained that cheekily glint I had missed so much. A smile broke out on my face and I jumped into his arms.

He swayed us gently side to side.

'Come on then Adds, we have reservations!'

'Tapas!?' I practically screeched as we stopped outside my favourite restaurant in the whole wide world.

'Yep you haven't been for a while so I thought I would treat you' he said grinning at me. I squealed and hugged him again before excitedly jumping out of the car.

'Matteo! Adella! It's been a while!' The owner of the restaurant, a middle aged man called Carlos, greeted us.

'Hello Carlos how you have been' Matty said as he kissed both sides of our cheeks.

'I been doing very good actually how about the 2 of you' he asked and lead us to the back area of the restaurant.

'We have been okay how's Val?' I asked. Carlos had a 8 year old daughter called Valentina and she was a big football fan.

'She will be very happy when I tell her you 2 came in today'

It was nice to spend time with my brother. It had been a while since I had seen him and I really had missed him.

                                •

'Matty I thought you said dad was home?' I asked as I wondered around the dirty house. There was piles of dirty plates piled on the sink and rubbish scattered everywhere. It reeked of weed and alcohol with lines of coke lined up on the side, ready to be snorted.

'I thought he would be' he yelled in response.

'Why didn't you call him?' I shouted.

'He can't pay his phone bill. I'm surprised he hasn't been kicked out with the smell and state of this place' he said shrugging and he walked throwing his arm round my shoulder.

'We will just have to wait for him then'

We decided to clean up the house and restock it for when he got back. Well 'cleaning up' meaning was Matty cleaning while I talked his ear off. We blasted music and had a nice chat catching up with each other.

'So Matty have you got anyone special around?' I asked picking up all the dirty clothes of the bedroom floor while Matteo was changing the bed sheets.

'Well I am chatting to this one girl' he said shying and I rush over to him exitedly. Jumping at any

'Ooo do tell big bro' I said wiggling my eyes brows and he pushed my head back laughing.

'Anyway what about you and the British girl?' He asked munching on his slice of pizza as I blushed red. We had finally cleaned and been to the shops. The place was finally presentable and we had ordered a pizza to celebrate.

'What British girl I know a few?' I teased and he flicked my head.

'Shut up you know what I mean!' He wined.

'No actually I don't know what you mean' I mocked him grinning.

'Stop changing the subject cheeky the British girl' he reminded me pinching my cheeks and I smacked his hand away.

'Well her name is actually Georgia Stanway' I said.

'Ohhhh that's the chick that scored and knocked you lot out of the euros' he said and I winced at the reminder.

'Wow thanks for bringing that up' I said and whacked the back of his head.

'Gosh I forgot how aggressive you can be' he said and I smiled sweetly at him.

'Any way you fancy her even if she knocked you out' he said smirking at me.

'I don't fancy her!' I said I said slapping his arm.

'Yeah you dooooo' he sang stuffing his face with more pizza.

'Okay maybe a tad' I said smiling holding my thumb and finger up with a small gap in between .

'Nah more like' He started before leaning forward and opening the gap between my fingers a lot more. 'That' he said happy with his work and I giggled at him.

'Maybeeeee'

We were both awakened by the sound of the door opening. All I could hear was grunting and swearing coming from behind.

'Dad?' Matteo said softly into the dark flat. We must have fallen asleep while chatting and all the lights had turned off.

'Matteo?' My dad's voice came back slurred.

'Dad where have you been' Matty said getting up and going to help him inside. I was stuck. I couldn't move. I didn't know how long it had been since I had last seen my dad and from what i had been told, I wasn't going to want to.

The lights were flicked on and I turned around to see the pair.

My dad looked ill. He had little hair on his head and what he had left looked dirty and greasy. His beard had grown out more and was very poorly shaved. He had deep bags under his green eyes which were once full of life and now looked empty and red. His clothes were torn and looked like they had never seen the inside of a washing machine. He looked like the kind of man you would cross the street to avoid.

The man that stood in front of me wasn't the father I remembered.

@adellaruiz - story
(Just pretend it's Adella and Matteo in the photo)

@adellaruiz - story(Just pretend it's Adella and Matteo in the photo)

Suposo que et trobava a faltar (I guess I missed you)

Tagged - @matteoruiz

——————————————————

I hope you likeddd. I tried to put a bit in abt her family. Ty for readingggg xx