Chapter 4 - distance makes the heart grow fonder

German         Spanish/Catalan

23rd august

Adella's pov:

'G let's go!' I yelled banging on the door of her flat. A few seconds later it flew open to reveal a very out of breath Georgia.

'For such a small person you make quite a lot of noise trouble' she said laughing as she stepped outside her flat closing the door behind her. I shrugged and kissed her cheek like always, linking my arm with hers as we waited for the lift.

'G you picked the worst person to give you a lift everyday, Ad is always late' Caro said as we walked into the meeting room.

'Actually we are right on time thank you' I said sitting down just as coach walked into tell us our schedule.

I was having my ponytail smoothed out and braided in the hair chair while G had her photos done. I tried not to stare but i couldn't help myself. My eyes seemed to have a mind of their own. She was gorgeous though. Her eyes crinkled when she smiled and her teeth were perfect.
I thought back to the conversation I had with Ona. Maybe I did fancy her bit. But I couldn't. It would come with too many complications. I pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind when a voice broke me out of my thoughts.

'Enjoying the view are we?' Sud's voice cane from beside me as I stood up from the chair I was on. Just as I looked up G met my eyes and flashed me a grin. I internally fainted and turned back to Syd.

'I'm fucked'

Everyone's photos were done and it was finally lunch time. All the photos were a bit much and I sat with my head on Syd's shoulder bit talking much. I picked a bit at my food but couldn't bring myself to eat it. Me and food had a bit of a strained relationship. When I was 15 I dated this guy that used to say I was to fat, to big. He said I needed to be skinnier. He said I need to be less muscular saying it made me look like a man. He told me to eat less and to run more. He also shamed me for my ADHD calling me crazing and insane. Being stupid and 15 I listened to him staving myself for days. It was fine at first until it started to affect my football. He then broke up with me saying I was worthless and a crazy bitch. I was weak and fragile. But the Barça academy coaches were understanding. Ona helped me through it slowly helping me eat better. It was still hard some days though. And it was hard to eat when my mind was so busy.

No one's pov:

Adella had an interview a bit later and Georgia was sat in the room waiting for her. A few other girls was offered her rides home but she turned them all down saying it would be easier seeing as they both lived in the same building. Most of the other girls saw right through this and knew that Georgia just wanted to be with Adella. They both saw the way the 2 girls looked at each other and the way they talked about each other.

But as Georgia sat there she couldn't help her eyes wondering over to where Adella was. She admired the way the Spaniards eyes lit up when she talked about something she was passionate about and the way her hair shined under the light. And that accent. Georgia would do anything for that accent. Maybe she did fancy Adella a bit.

Adella's pov:

I got out of the taxi that had driven me to the training centre from the airport. I had been called up this camp and was happy to see all the girls again.

As always there was man at the door with a camera at the door who filmed me walking up with my suitcase and gave me a fist pump.

'How are you?' He asked.