Chapter 13 - drinks

German Catalan/Spanish

20th December 2022

Adella's pov:

'Feliz Navidad!' I sung and I danced around my flat brushing my hair. 'Feliz Navi-' I was rudely interrupted my quick knocks on my door.

'Calm down I'm coming' I said going to see who it was. G stood there her hair dripping wet and all knotted.

'Help' she said handing me her hair brush with a sigh while I giggled at her.

'Come and sit down' I said ushering her in and she plonked herself on my sofa in front of a game a had on in the background.

A few minutes later I had swept her hair into a Dutch braid neatly at the back of her head.

'All done amore' I said but didn't move from sitting behind her and instead choosing to put my arms over her shoulders and leaning against her back my head resing against her neck.

'Thank you trouble' she said softly kissing my cheek.

I didn't like silence. I would always have music playing or be chatting just anything to make some noise. But with Georgia I didn't feel the need to make noice. I was content with the quietness around her. So we sat in that position just enjoying each others presence in a comfortable silence. The kind where you feel safe.

Until my stomach grumbled really pound and G started laughing.

'Come on let's eat'

                                 •

21st December 2022

'Ella you have to get up!' G groaned shaking me. Last night was had fallen asleep in each others arms on my sofa and we were now even later that normal.

'no 5 minuts més si us plau' I said not bothered translating in my head to english. (5 more minutes please)

'Adella get up right now!' She said sternly and I shot up at the use of my first name. No one ever calls me Adella.

'Calm down G I'm up' I said rolling my eyes while she smiled sweetly at me.

'Come on then chop chop' she said rushing me but I frowned not understanding the English expression.

'What's chop chop?'

We made it to the bus and as we walked on everyone cheered.

'You made it!' Lina yelled.

'Well yeah we weren't just not going to show up silly'

'Well you never know with you 2'

'Come on girls last game of 2022 let's make it good' Sarah finished and we all cheered before running into our positions on the pitch. After today we were all free to go back home and do whatever for around 2-3 weeks. I had decided that I was going to go back to Spain for the holiday.

The game ended 2-0 with Klara scoring both goals.

'Who's up for going out tonight?' Caro shouted and everyone cheered in agreement. We hadn't properly gone clubbing as a team this season and now we had a few week off so we finally could. I had my flight to Barcelona tomorrow at 12 so I would just have to get on the flight with a hangover.

A few hours later I was sat in Georgias room in front of her mirror humming to the song that was blearing through the flat.

'Ella can you do my hair please!' G sung as she came back into her room from the bathroom.