Chapter 19 - mini holidays

German Spanish/Catalan

9th jan 23

Adella's pov:

'SYDNEY LOHMANN!' I screamed running towards the German while my arms flung about all over the place.

I hadn't see Syd all break and I had missed my best friend.

'ADELLA RUIZ' She had screamed back with equal enthusiasm and opened her arms for me.

I slammed into her and she picked me up and spun me round. We accidentally crashed into Klara and she joined our hug as well.

'I missed you girls' I giggled linking arms with them both as we strolled to the pitch.

'We didn't miss you either Ella' Syd teased.

I rolled my eyes at her comment but then I remembered my Christmas present.

'Look!' I said lifting my leg up in front of me to show them the boots that Matteo bought me. They both just looked at me confused.

'The boots dickheads'

It was cold in Germany and after a bit of time off I was very tired. But that didn't mean that I didn't have fun with my whole team back together.

@adellaruiz - story

——————————————

10th jan 23

Adella's pov:

Our first training camp back was in Doha and I was very exited to be back in the heat even though I had only just gotten back from Spain for bit.

That did mean 5 hours on a plane and I felt bad for whoever was sat next to me.

But I had decided to be prepared today and not sleep the night before so I would be out cold on the plane. I was solely convinced that it was going to work and that I was so clever but it just wasn't my day.

'Georgieeeee!' I sang flopping into the seat behind her sticking my tongue out at Lina who was going to sit there. She rolled her eyes but grinned as I turned back to the Brit beside me.

'How can I help you on this fine day Ella?' She asked pretending to be annoyed but I had seen the corners of her lips slightly lift.

'Remember a few days ago when you said there was that film that you wanted to show me? Well I think we should watch it now I mean we have such a long flight and a boring plane and no one wanted to sit next to me and I haven't had any-' I rambled before she had to cut me off, the lack of sleep starting to get to me.