Chapter 7 - reunited

German        Catalan/Spanish

30th september

Adella's pov:

I knew my name wouldn't be on the squad sheet. I mean, I had asked not to be called up. But that didn't mean that it didn't irritate me a bit not seeing my name.

Wanting to distract myself I slumped on the sofa and turned on the TV.

It didn't work very well. My mind kept wandering about what they were all doing right now and how excited they must be. I walked out my flat skipping over the the only other one on this floor. I banged on the door and it swung open revealing what looked like a stressed Georgia.

'Hey trouble you okay?' She asked and I realised she was holding clothes.

'Sorry is it a bad time?' I wondered not wanting to interrupt.

'Don't be silly it's never a bad time you can come help me pack'

She managed to keep me laughing and chatting enough to take my mind off it. Until she had to leave.

'Will you be okay?' She asked. We stood by her front door, all her bags ready to go.

'G I'm not 5 I live by myself anyway' I said flicking her on the head. She looked at me in mock shock and I just giggled at her.

'But seriously your not gonna have me, Syd, Lina, Caro-' she said.

'Okay I get it everyone is leaving me!' I said throwing my arms up dramatically. She laughed at me before pulling me into her wrapping her arms around me tightly.

'Call me if anything goes wrong' she said into my hair.

'G I'll be fine I can take care of myself' I said my face hidden in the crook of her neck. I didn't know it but the action sent shivers down Georgia's spine.

'I know' she said. I'm not sure how long we stood there in silence but neither of us wanted to let go.

'I'll miss you trouble' she mumbled.

'I'll miss you to'

Almost a week later I driving to the airport to pick G up. She had only been gone about 12 days but I missed her loads. So much that I was sitting in my car, a blanket over my legs, in the freezing cold at 4am.

I got out of the car still wrapped in my blanket. I wondered through the airport ignoring the stares that I got.

I didn't really know where to go so I just waited at where it said arrivals in big letters. My eyes fluttered closed as I leaned against the wall.

My head snapped up when I heard footsteps and the sound of people. I stood up on my tiptoes trying to see over everyone's heads.

I finally spotted the all to familiar dirty blond hair and my face subconsciously broke into a smile. Her brown eyes shone when they met mine and she picked up her pace trying to get to me quicker.

Once she reached me she dropped her bags and pulled me into a massive bear hug.

'Hola G' I mumbled into her shoulder.

'Hey trouble' she whispered into my neck, her breath sending shivers down my spine.

We pulled away and I kissed her cheek, close to her mouth making her blush.

'Come on I have still got the heating on in the car'