Chapter 12 - reconecting

German Catalan/Spanish

7th December 2022

Adella's pov:

Once I had shaken everyone's hand I was over to see the 2 people I had missed so much.

'Hugo!' I yelled to the little boy that stood on his chair. His head whipped around to meet mine and his face broke out into a toothy grin. He excitedly hit his dads arm to get to notice me as well while I slowing jogged over.

'Come here you' I said as soon as I reach them my arms outside for the little boy. I picked him up over the barrier and his arms went around my neck and his legs round my waist.

'I missed you cheeky' I said kissing his cheek.

'You were so good Ella. I'm going to be just like you when I grow up' he said looking straight at me with his big blue eyes. I was pretty sure that my heart exploded in that moment of time.

'Where's my hug Ella' my Uncle said from next to us.

'Sorry Carlos' I said and all 3 of us had a little group hug.

'Do you wanna come and see the girls?' I asked the little boy in my arms and he nodded shyly. I looked at Carlos for confirmation and he nodded and smiled saying it was okay. I climbed back onto the pitch while Hugo nattered to me about the game.

'Is Ona here?' He asked as I made me way to where some of the players were.

'No hunny she's in England today but we can call here later if you want!' I said and he nodded excitedly.

We got to where Syd stood and her face lit up when she saw the little boy.

'Hugo!' She sang and took him from my arms while he giggled at her. Hugo had grown up speaking Catalan at home and German at school so he was fluent in both languages. Well as fluent as you can be at 1 and a half.

'Can we play?' He grinned pointing to the ball that lay near the goal.

'Yeah!' I said back with equal excitement running over to it as he toddled along beside me.

No One's pov:

'G are you even listening?' Lucy questioned the blonde whoes eyes were fixed on 2 figures near the goal. Georgia's head snapped round at the nickname.

'Yeah sorry what did you say' she said shaking her head and focusing back on the 2 women in front of her.

'Your smitten mate' Keira said to her. Georgia frowned.

'What?' She asked oblivious to her own feelings.

'You have a big fat crush on her' Lucy said and Keira smacked her arm.

'What she does!' the brunette said trying to defend herself while Keira sighed and shook her head.

'I don't have a crush on her' Geogia said and hit Lucy.

'Why are you lot hitting me today buggar off?' The older woman said holding her hands up in surrender.

Georgia felt a small hand tap her leg and she spun around. In front of her stood a small boy with a shirt and a pen.

'Can you sign my shirt?' He asked but Georgia froze. She had no clue what he asked her. Then she felt another hand this time on her back and a familiar sent engulfed her. Adella leaned up to whisper in Georgia's ear.

'He wants you to sign his shirt' she whispered sending tingles and shivers down Georgia's back before she crouched down to to sign the little boys shirt trying to recover.